[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Let me start by saying that I am a geat fan of the cheap Lomo Paddle Jacket. It's just that I seem to have trouble with the latex-gaskets in seawater. This started last autumn and I wanted to get a neoprene fitted jacket for sea paddling. Langer offers XXXL (yes, triple-X) size for the Smooth and Shred jackets, so I went for it. It's VERY comfy, easy to don and I have never had a single drop of water inside. So far the neoprene gaskets are exactly as tight as the latex stuff on my other gear. More so: I am thinking of getting my dry-suit retrofitted with neo-gaskets. It's a lot less hassle in the locker room before and after boating. As a result, I am now using this jacket on rivers as well ...
* absolutely watertight - the neo gaskets are as good as the latex ones
* two color schemes: signal orange and navy blue
* wide cut for normal paddlers - suits my beer-tummy
* everything feels "top quality"
- the scratch lids that tighten the outer layer around wrist and belly are more than a tad too stiff
- no elbow reinforcement - can't use this jacket in Corsica without buying additional protectors