Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36125

• wakewakeup
  • Grom Boarder
I have a Dagger g-force 6.3 to play in river wales and holes. I know to surf them but I would like to learn tricks as loops and cartweel... But I find it so dificul and I guess my kayak is not the best.
By example I see people doing loops in flat water, I tried it but I can't to put the kayak in that position, I guess because of the shape or because it is too large for my weight (68kb/150lbs).

Do you recommend me to change my kayak? I would learn much more quick with another one?
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36126

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Try a Dagger Kingpin or Jitsu. You can also try a Jackson Star or Rockstar. The older ones are fine aswell.

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36127

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Whilst you are at the bottom end of the weight spectrum, with the right technique you will be able to loop it. As you said, you cannot get into that position, so start with the bow stall first. Either getting there via the double pump or a "plowing ender". You can't loop if you can't bow stall. A smaller boat will help getting into the bow stall yes, but ultimately it probably isn't the best idea. With a bigger boat you will have more pop, be more retentive in holes and surf smaller waves.

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36128

• wakewakeup
  • Grom Boarder
Thanks, I tried to bow stall via double pump and plowing ender. But I found it imposible, perhaps I have to insist and practice more?

You said with a bigger boat I can have more pop, but with "bigger" you mean more length or more volume?

Thanks a lot

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36129

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Yes it won't happen overnight. Many hours and days on the water. There are so many great Youtube videos out now.

Yes a bigger boat is almost always longer and wider, and hence more volume.

Maybe adding 5-10 litres of water into your boat can help with the plowing ender in the initial stages, just to get the feeling of how it should feel. When you're at the bottom end of the weight spectrum you always need more power and more technique. If you can, get someone to video you and post it. That way you can learn the fastest ;)

Thinking about change my Dagger g-force 3.1 4 years 8 months ago #36130

• wakewakeup
  • Grom Boarder
Ok thanks. That is a good idea I will record a video
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.