Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Italy help ASAP Please

Italy help ASAP Please 17 years 11 months ago #5974

• fatty
  • Junior Boarder
Going Italy for 9 days with Gene17 on Saturday(6th May), and just have a few questions:

1. I hear there is alot of snow melt over there at the mo, so levels should be good. Just seen this weather report, no idea how trust worthy it is,and is based at Milan as I can't find a town close enough to Piemonte area to search. How do people think this will affect the levels. Basicly, is it likely to make things too high? And where is the sun, didn't want to take my rain coat, and has anyone got anywhere better to look for a forecast.

2. Where does he meet you at the airport. Does he run around the airport with a board on the end of his paddle looking for equally as weird people?

3. How much of my own safety kit does he expect us to take. I.e first aid kit, repair kit, walk out kit, group shelter. Just worried about luggage weight, and dont want to fill up with the uneccessaries. I'm hoping none of it but want to make sure.

Cheers for all your help guys and gals.

Darren

Weather: www.lifeinitaly.com/weather/forecast.asp?wcode=ITXX0042
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Italy help ASAP Please 17 years 11 months ago #5975

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
[color=cyan:e3deb8763d]Why don't you ask Gene17 yourself :?: [img:e3deb8763d]www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-057.gif[/img:e3deb8763d]
:ask:
I'm sure they'll tell you everything you need to know[img:e3deb8763d]www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif[/img:e3deb8763d][/color:e3deb8763d]

Italy help ASAP Please 17 years 11 months ago #5998

• stefo62
  • Junior Boarder
[quote:f37c8362d5="fatty"]Going Italy for 9 days with Gene17 on Saturday(6th May), and just have a few questions:

1. I hear there is alot of snow melt over there at the mo, so levels should be good. Just seen this weather report, no idea how trust worthy it is,and is based at Milan as I can't find a town close enough to Piemonte area to search. How do people think this will affect the levels. Basicly, is it likely to make things too high? And where is the sun, didn't want to take my rain coat, and has anyone got anywhere better to look for a forecast.
[/quote:f37c8362d5]

Dear Darren,
the only question I can answer you is the first. The others you should ask Gene 17.
Water levels here: are quite low now. Enough for paddling in some rivers, but not all of them. Sesia and its tributaries are quite ok. Moesa in CH (very close to our border) is also OK. But the snow melt is not enough for good water levels, we need some more rain.
So, you don't have to worry, the rivers are not that hard now.
On next weekend (13-14 May) we have the TEVA games in the Sesia Valley. It will be a great show. I suggest you come to se it.
Enjoy your holiday,
Stefano - Italy
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.