Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Thoughts about next summer and Norway

Thoughts about next summer and Norway 16 years 6 months ago #18643

• Mkrut
  • Grom Boarder
Hi!
My name is Mike, I'm a whitewater kayaker from Russia. Sorry for my English, it is \"Intermidiate\" =)
The last two seasons my friends and me spent a lot of time in Norway. We were greedy for such a nice whitewater and paddled a lot of sections, mostly grade IV-VI (all the grades are taken from the Norwegian guide by Obsommer and Klatt).
Whe made 5 two-weeks trips. But now we want something more continious and serious. So, we are going to make a month trip to Norway next summer. The dates are approximately June,15-July,15, but it is possible to change.
What do we want? We think about paddling with foreigen experienced kayakers in case to improve our skills and also just for fun. :) I suppouse there are much differences in technique and approaches to ww paddling.
So we want to to get acquainted with you and invite to Norway trip. Mybe it'll be interesting to you?
What do we have? Not so bad experience (two of us were in Russian-American expedition in 2005 with John Grace, Fredd Corriell and others) and our friend mini-bus Mercedes Sprinter with max 7 sits.
So, mail me to \"mkrut\" at \"list\" in \"ru\" domain. I'm ready to answer all the questions and to explain in details.

Just paddle!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Thoughts about next summer and Norway 16 years 6 months ago #18645

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Mike,

Have you run the Skjøli? (page 131) I believe it’s a really good run, even though it’s only 4 km long.

Seeing as though you guys are after more hardcore runs why don’t you consider something in China? The rivers there are really wild and big and many are super continuous. Or go a bit further to a place like Brazil, Chile or Peru? That way you can experience a whole new culture and not only new people in the same place. Know what I mean? :grin:

Good luck and have fun.
:bounce:

Re:Thoughts about next summer and Norway 16 years 6 months ago #18646

• Mkrut
  • Grom Boarder
Hi Adrian!
Yes, we paddled Skjoli. It is very good run, and rather unique in Norway, because it's a non stop river with no big drops and slides. We ran it in high flow and it was a full on for me. 4 km is enough for sure :)
So Chine - a lot of undiscovered rivers, and we are not heroes, we paddle just for fun! Why we want to go to Norway - we know this region well and there are still a lot of new runs for us there, espesially in June! We want to paddle a lot =)
And kayaking in Norway is the cheapest for us! We go there by car and ferry. It is two-three times cheaper, than, for examlle, New York!
But we are going to visit as much places in the world, as possible! In prespective :)
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.