Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: PENRITH??

PENRITH?? 17 years 4 months ago #11585

• chris71
  • Gold Boarder
Does anybody know the status of the penrith whitewater facility?
I will be in Sydney 4th week of January and was hoping I could run it...
Dropped them an email already - no reply.

Also - on their website it says they have no gear - anywhere to rent gear around them?

Thanks!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 4 months ago #11594

• MJT
  • Pro Boarder
Hey Chris,
I'm on the other side of the country so not much help really except that you could contact Horizon Line Canoes, they are based at Penrith and would probably have all the info you need. Look them up on the web.
Cheers

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 4 months ago #11597

• stefflooi
  • Pro Boarder
Hi Chris,
Penrith will be in summer hours then - definitely water all weekend, probably a fair amount of water on weekdays too.

WRT hire gear, yes they have hire gear, it's pretty ordinary though. Mostly beginner type boats, and is quite expensive (as I recall, about $A50 a day).

steff

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 4 months ago #11602

• chris71
  • Gold Boarder
Odd, I emailed Horizon line at [mail address protected from spambots with javascript] but I get a 'permanent fatal error' message back... from their website, they look the guys I'd like to talk to...
maybe I'll have to get up at 3am and try calling em...
:think:

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 4 months ago #11698

• chris71
  • Gold Boarder
Update - Called Penrith, they would be open on the Saturday, MAYBE on the Friday, if they get bookings they would turn on the water. They do have some boats, but limited selections - and they too pointed me towards Horizon Line...
Cheers!

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 1 month ago #13896

• halfteaspoon
  • Junior Boarder
Did you end up making it to Penrith? I'm in Oz for the semester and hoping to get there soon. I would need to rent gear too, wondering if it's worth it...

Re:PENRITH?? 17 years 1 month ago #13910

• chris71
  • Gold Boarder
Unfortunately, I came up about 3 hours short on my business trip to squeeze in a visit. It's about 1:30 hrs out of Sydney, and you'll have to grab a boat at horizonline... I just couldn't swing it :(

However, from my research, I'd say you HAVE to go if you're there!

Re:PENRITH?? 16 years 11 months ago #15355

• AllenG
  • Gold Boarder
Definately check it out. There are some good waves and holes to practice your moves in. The best thing is, you can paddle as much or as little as you want. It's not that long, but if you want to paddle the whole lot without using any eddies you'll sure need a rest by the time you're at the bottom.

And the best part is there's a conveyor belt/elevator that takes you back up to the top to go again. You don't even have to get out of your kayak!

Definately worth the visit. It's about a 90min drive from my place, so I only go if I'm going to make a full day out of it.

Re:PENRITH?? 16 years 11 months ago #15438

• halfteaspoon
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks! I've gone once so far, and will probably be going again soon.
Moderators: Rapid_Russ
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.