support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Foreign language chat rooms

Foreign language chat rooms 18 years 1 month ago #4889

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Looking for some feedback /input here.

I saw some people asking for a special chatroom for the UK, but I personally don't like this idea, at least not yet. It probably has to do with what the goal of the chat is: either talk to lots of people from all over the world (that was my idea), or to chat within your own local group of people.

I have made a special room for the Finnish guys, because there are so many of them in the chat, and they prefer to chat in their own language. Also, I prepared a german room called the 'Biergarten', just because i think it sounds nice :-)

But if you look closely at those two rooms, you'll see they have the subtitles 'Finnish' and 'German', NOT 'Finland' and 'Germany', i.e. it's just for people who have a problem speaking english, so German-speakers from Austria, Switzerland and Namibia are just as welcome. It's about the language, ot the location.

And since people from the UK speak english just as Americans, I would say we all chat in the same main room. Better to mix a bit then to have 10 chat rooms, each with only 2 people....

Once we have shiploads of people chatting in the main room and it becomes a chaos, we can still make regional english rooms...

Your take?
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Foreign language chat rooms 18 years 1 month ago #4891

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
[color=cyan:b3021af753] :iamwithstupid: (Sorry Jeroen, just had to use that at some stage!)

I agree. The UK room can be a later addition if need be. Which it probably will be. But for now, while it is still pretty quiet in there, all english speaking people should just stay in the green room. The purpose of the green room is for paddlers from all over the world to meet each other. Of course one can just temporarily create your own room if it's getting too busy! I see plenty of people coming and going.... pull in and have a quick chat.... enjoy it. Cheers :wave: [/color:b3021af753]

Foreign language chat rooms 18 years 1 month ago #4892

• Kayaker0678
  • Guru Boarder
not to repeat post but :iamwithstupid:

and ehhh what do you mean ehh i dont like :spam:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.