Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: What would be the best time for the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City?

What would be the best time for the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City? 14 years 9 months ago #26832

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Poll: [url=modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=46]What would be the best time for the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City?[/url]

Wondering, since most people vote for June or even earlier, when exactly would that be then?

And why so early?

Remember, we're talking about the Summer Market, and most retailers go there to decide on what to buy and sell for the next season....
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What would be the best time for the Outdoor Ret 14 years 9 months ago #26834

• paulriek
  • Grom Boarder
:unsure:

Well, Most people on this poll totals 11 individuals. By no stroke of the imagination is that enough of a sample to make this a valid response.

I am guessing that of those 11, not one of them work in the outdoor industry or if the do, they are support staff that don't have an understanding out what the B2B aspect of this industry is.

I don't think this is an appropriate question to the readership on the Playak site, which is enthusiast rather than industry based.

Re:What would be the best time for the Outdoor Ret 14 years 9 months ago #26839

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
paulseakayakermagcom wrote:
:unsure:
I don't think this is an appropriate question to the readership on the Playak site, which is enthusiast rather than industry based.
It's both really, although the mix may indeed play a role. Not sure which role though. I would image that end-users couldn't care less when exactly OR takes place....

Re:What would be the best time for the Outdoor Ret 14 years 9 months ago #26901

• ClayWright
Before june seems stupid, but it's not an industry poll is it? Good point! For paddlesports - where designs change each season and APRIL is when sales start, Fall seems best - East Coast since most sales are there and we've trucked across the country to the flatlands enough already. Yet we compete against Patagonia and North Face so hard for us to call the shots... yet I bet they like Fall better too.
Clay

Re:What would be the best time for the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City? 14 years 9 months ago #26957

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
i must admit that the results of this poll are not very useful. the very early dates are just no good for an industry trade show, and the votes for the later date don't show a clear trend.

the most interesting result of the poll is that the current date of the show (mid july) got very little votes....
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.