support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: No more karma!

No more karma! 17 years 5 months ago #10239

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
All users got rid of their karma! Isn't that good news?

After earlier discussions about people being worried about negative karma, I decided to call it 'Thumbs' instead of karma. That's what makes most sense, as we use the thumbs up and down graphic anyway...

I also made it say now: 'Thumbs up/down for this post', not 'for this user'. Makes it less personal i think.

Strictly speaking, Karma in real life is something you want to get rid of. There is no use in gathering positive karma (I know that in popular language use, people talk about good and bad karma, but this is not quite correct really).

And so the analogy just didn't make sense, and people got to emotional, just by the word Karma it seems :)

Feel free to use the thumbs and don't worry too much if you have received some more thumbs down then up.

Cheers,
Jeroen
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:No more karma! 17 years 5 months ago #10246

• taliesin38
  • Guru Boarder
That seems like a good fix. It is unfortunate though that you had to spend extra time on this when people could just have gotten over themselves.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.