support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #4977

• lpabreu
  • Guru Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #4991

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
that looks pretty nuts! Will have to try it out some time but is it a normall smaal mega deck? caus it could be akward gettin into the thing with those crazy knee brace system! on the positive side it has fixings ready for a lap belt! I had to glass in a d ring to attach thigh straps into my revenge!

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #5022

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
had a look at it today n its weird but very comfy! Rich Berry was doing well in it. He had to lower the seat 2 inches which made it less tippy! I will be having a play in it when we go surfing next tuesday! i will tell you what it is like

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #5025

• lpabreu
  • Guru Boarder
That´s cool!

If you have any pics, send them also!

Keep riding,

luis pedro
www.kayaksurf.net

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #5038

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
I will try and remember my camera!

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #5069

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
Right been surfing today with Rich at Aberavon just b4 high tide with a big swell around 6ft off the back! We managed to get a few rides but the waves just didnt want to be caught or would just dump in one go painfully!

We paddled around the harbour wall to see if the reef was working, it wasnt playing either! So we moved over to the harbour wall where the swell was wrapping around and breaking cleanly across. Rich got some nice waves some nice turns! I got some good rides in my revenge then i had a play in the slingshot! It felt quite crazy but good!

It is very ski like knees together gripping off that weird looking thing but this worked really well! Once on a wave it surfed really wellbottom turns were fast and smooth off the tail and top turns and cutbacks seemed effort less (as long as you keep your weight forward!)

This boat works well and it will be in Santa Cruz next week for the surf festival so some one get some money together its the only one in the world right now you wont be diaspointed! Paddling out is slightly harder just keep your weight foreward n keep on paddlin

HAve fun (photos to follow, ONce ive found my camera lead!) :dance:

Slingshot - a new surf kayak concept! First PICS 18 years 1 month ago #5088

• lpabreu
  • Guru Boarder
Thanks a lot Urge!

I´m very excited to try this new Mega Machine.

Don't forget the photos and keep riding,

luis pedro
www.kayaksurf.net
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.