Login first to add this to your Likes or Haves.
Fire 1.1 Ergo
Blade: Foam core
I got this one two years ago and it is still my #1 paddle. The blades are huge and it takes some degree of fitness to use the paddle correctly, but you will be rewarded with a perfect power transmission and some additional pounds of lift, when you have to make that roll in white water.
Beware of the paddle's edges, though. When they wear off, small chips and splinters of carbon fiber come unglued and they can cut your skin like razor blades. I personally stick a strip of duck tape around the edge; it lasts about half a season for me.
• very light
• wide spaced grips (ergo-shaft-bends)
• very effective transmission of force in the water
• suits nearly every style from alpine creeking to slalom competitions
• big foam core for additional lift when rolling in white, bubbly water
• low feather at 35° (feels natural)
• not really a freestyle/rodeo paddle