The 2nd Annual Reno River Festival blew last year's competitions out of the water, bringing some of the the world's top kayakers, including Eric Jackson and Jay Kincaid, into downtown Reno's Truckee River Whitewater Park.
The Wave Sport Open Freestyle Competition allowed the top three scorers to compete in the invite-only Profressional Freestyle Competition. Steve Wright took advantage of the opportunity to play with the pros and took first in the open freestyle. He then went on to finish third in the Pro Invitational! Fifteen-year-old Emily Jackson, who also ranked in the open freestyle, took second in the women's professional freestyle, standing proudly by her dad, first-place finisher Eric Jackson, during the awards ceremony. The Reno River Festival had a total of 151 athletes competing in the freestyle competitions, boater-cross, and a down river race.
Women’s Pro Freestyle Competition Winners
1. Tanya Faux, final score 179
2. Emily Jackson, score 147
3. Brooke Winger, final score 132
Men’s Pro Freestyle Competition Winners
1. Eric Jackson, final score 485
2. Jay Kincaid, final score 447
3. Steve Wright, final score 415 (Wright earned a spot in the Pro Freestyle competition after his first place finish in the Open Freestyle Competition)