[please login to make this ad block disappear]
This is one of the basic moves which is very helpful when river running. The numbers in the corner of the animation relate to each passage of text.
- Turn your body and hips towards the side of the boat and place the driving face in parallel to the boat.
- Pull the blade in towards the boat until it is about a few inch's from the side of the boat. This is the main part of the stroke as it is the part that propels the boat side ways. If the boat starts to turn move the blade forwards or backwards along side the side of the boat when pulling in and this should correct it from moving of course.
- Once the blade is by the boat turn it so the blade is ninety degrees to the boat.
- Now push the blade out towards where it started keeping it at ninety degrees to the boat so that it slides through the water causing basically no friction.
- Bring it up so that it is nearly out of the water reached as far as possible.
- Twist the blade back to parallel to the boat and go back to point number 1.