Company is First Outdoor Industry Biz in Region to Win
Kokatat, a 39-year-old independent paddlewear company, received the 2010 Green Business of The Year award from the Arcata Chamber of Commerce. Recognized for its proactive green practices, social equity, and economic vitality, Kokatat was chosen from a field of over 700 Arcata businesses. The awards didn’t stop there; Kokatat founder Steve O’Meara was recognized as the Business Leader of the Year.
Hailed as one of the best niche manufacturing companies in Humboldt County, Kokatat for nearly four decades has fostered a positive relationship with Arcata, a dedicated and diverse staff, and a service-driven business model that supports and promotes proactive green practices. Kokatat employees participate in community development and maintenance projects and the company also donates directly to (and partners with) a variety of local and national charities and events.
“Kokatat promotes and follows the practice of what our community calls the 3R’s – reduce, reuse and recycle,” said Arcata Chamber director Brenda Bishop. “Their environmental promotion and stewardship supports several organizations and provides an educational approach for turning recreational paddlers into conservation advocates,” Bishop added.
Kokatat was recognized and honored with a plaque at the Chamber’s Annual Leadership Dinner and Awards event held at the historical Arcata Theatre and Lounge. The sold-out event entertained some of the top City, County and State business leadership and community members. Arcata is home to one of only fifteen “California Welcome Center’s,” – official state visitor centers - and Kokatat’s recognition will be featured in the CWC’s marketing collateral.
“This recognition is as much an acknowledgment for Kokatat as it is for the culture of the Arcata community,” said O’Meara. “Our town’s beautiful natural environment and social equality is something Kokatat strives to preserve. We’re honored to receive the Green Business of the Year award,” O’Meara added.
About Kokatat Watersports Wear
For the past 38 years, Kokatat has built a reputation as a friendly company of paddling enthusiasts, dedicated to creating innovative paddlewear and accessories. Kokatat is a highly trusted brand known for its independence, high level of quality in addition to an extremely well respected, service-driven business model. Kokatat is an incredibly strong brand and is known for authenticity and launching game changing paddling products. Please visit www.kokatat.com and follow Kokatat on Twitter [email protected]
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » I realise I am 4 weeks too late perhaps. But if not, could post a photo of the boat and what you're ... (Whitewater)
- Expeditions in Nepal this Autumn (from $60 per day) » Want to try something different? Want to join one of our epic expeditions in Nepal? From 1 - 20 day ... (Whitewater)
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Kokatat is Named Arcata’s Green Business of The Year
2989 0 1 0 0
March 26, 2010
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.