Stand up paddlers will attempt 24-hour Yukon River run with Harmony rudder kit
Harmony, one of the leading companies for premium paddlesports accessories at an affordable price, is this week sponsoring the 24-Hour Yukon River SUP Expedition (24YukSUP). The trip will launch either June 26, 27 or 28, depending on the weather and water flows. Expedition members, Ben Friberg of Tennessee and Dan Gavere of Oregon, will attempt to break the world record for the most miles traveled on a SUP in a full 24-hour day.
Friberg and Gavere, who are both expert kayakers and stand up paddlers, are planning to run 200 miles of the Yukon River on stand up paddleboards. The Yukon is one of the few places in the world where this type of expedition is possible because it is long, undammed, and has great water flows. Additionally, Friberg and Gavere’s timing around the summer solstice will give them light throughout most of the 24-hour time period, alleviating the stress of traveling on the river at night. If they accomplish their goal, Friberg and Gavere will land themselves a place in the Guinness World Records book.
Harmony has provided Friberg with a BTS Rudder Kit to help maintain the necessary angles he needs in the event of high winds. According to Friberg, “If the winds get strong enough to create wind swell the board naturally wants to travel in the direction of the waves. It makes it extremely difficult when trying to travel in a 45 degree angle to the waves.” The Rudder Kit, which is designed for a kayak, has been retrofitted to work on Friberg’s paddleboard.
For more information on the 24YukSUP, check out www.24yuksup.com, where the expedition will be tracked with a spot tracker, or follow Friberg and Gavere’s updates on Facebook.
To learn more about Harmony and to check out even more paddling accessories, visit www.harmonygear.com.
Harmony is the paddling industry’s top provider of high quality accessories at an affordable price. With an extensive selection of everything from paddles to fishing accessories to PFDs, Harmony is the first stop to outfit any canoe or kayak. The brand is based in Greenville, S.C., alongside its sister brands in the Confluence Watersports family. Harmony gear is available at specialty retailers across the country and online at www.harmonygear.com.
Harmony · Adventure Technology · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Wilderness Systems ·
Mad River Canoe· Bomber Gear
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Harmony Sponsors 200-Mile SUP Expedition
703 0 0 0 0
June 26, 2012
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.