Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Adjusting seats.

Adjusting seats. 13 years 4 months ago #30562

• Nige
  • Grom Boarder
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of info please:
I have a Jackson Fun Classic. Someone wants to borrow it and I'm going to need to move the seat forward. Once the thumb screws, behind the hip pads, are loosened off does the seat just slide forward or is there more to it?

Also I want to take the seat forward in my Nomad as my heels are touching the centre pillar when the footrests are just right.
Is it just a matter of the undoing the two screws each side of the cockpit combing and then tapping it forward? If I loosen those screws is there anything that will fall out on the inside?

Cheers for any advice.

Nige'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Adjusting seats. 13 years 4 months ago #30572

• AllenG
  • Gold Boarder
I assume the fun is the same as the star series. Just loosen the thumb screws behind the hip pads (make sure you don't totally undo them). Then it should move forward. It still doesn't just slide really easy, you'll need be a bit rough and bash it a bit to knock it forward a few cm at a time.

No idea about the Nomad, but usually it's pretty easy to find out which screws are holding what together to move it around. Just have a go and you'll figure it out.

Re:Adjusting seats. 13 years 4 months ago #30574

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Nige wrote:
Also I want to take the seat forward in my Nomad as my heels are touching the centre pillar when the footrests are just right.
Is it just a matter of the undoing the two screws each side of the cockpit combing and then tapping it forward? If I loosen those screws is there anything that will fall out on the inside?

I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Wavesports. Just loosen those two bolts on either side of the seat. Then stand the boat upright and knock the seat with your hands. If you loosen the bolts all the way, a rectangular plate will fall out on the inside. Not the end of the world of course, but sometimes in can be tricky, especially if you've glued any hip pads in.

Re:Adjusting seats. 13 years 4 months ago #30585

• wrewbank
  • Pro Boarder
for the nomad go to www.daggereurope.com and click on the technology page there are some manuals on how to adjust the boats for whitewater kayaks.

as for the jackson i cant find any manuals on there website
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.