Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Dry Pants or Dry Suit

Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30503

• simon e
  • Grom Boarder
Ok I'm trying to decide between a dry suit probably a Lomo renagade or NRS, or a pair of dry pants probably Palm Sidewinder combi bibs, to match with a palm dry cag.

I think the dry pants will be more verastile than a full suit, but will the pants keep me dry if I end up swimming?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30504

• cominco
  • Expert Boarder
In regards to the dry pants keeping you dry should you swim. They will slow down getting wet but wet you will get. I used a dry top and pants for years and they were much better than a wet suit or nothing. This summer I bought a Kokatat Meridian gmer dry suit and it is the best decision I made. Totally dry while swimming I am very impressed with the suit and used it everytime I paddled this summer. I live in Canadas NWT and paddle Great Slave Lake which is cool at the best of times. If you can afford it buy the full suit and you will be glad that you did. I use it to stand in the lake and tech rolling wet exits etc and being warm and dry really extents the time I can spend doing this. Cheers, Greg

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30511

• simon e
  • Grom Boarder
Anybody elese got any comments?

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30512

• wrewbank
  • Pro Boarder
I have gone for the dry cage and pants because of the versitillity. But my friends have chosen dry suit and they like that. If you get a dry suit it is worth getting a good quality one

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30513

• cominco
  • Expert Boarder
Thats right a dry suit is a major investment and worth every cent. You should buy the best suit that you can afford. I am very pleased with my Kokatat Meridian and have used it even on very warm days and no complaints. Cheers, Greg

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30518

• simon e
  • Grom Boarder
but think i'd only be able to wear a dry suit for a few months in the winter and then a suit would be too hot.

Re:Dry Pants or Dry Suit 13 years 4 months ago #30519

• cominco
  • Expert Boarder
My suit is gortex and I used it all summer. I dress for the water temperature not the air and Great Slave Lake even on a warm summer is still very cool. I would prefer beinga little warm and rolling for fun and cooling off than taking an unexpected swim in the cool stuff. A nylon drysuit would be way to n hot. Gortex or a similar fabric is the way to go As I said get the best and you will be glad you did. Cheers. Start saving now and you can get one before you no it. Greg
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.