Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Vacuum/inflatable SUP » Hope these are as good as they sound! This tech would put inflatables on par with hardboards....
- Two more new SUP brands » Another inflatable SUP brand discovered at ISPO: http://www.light-surfboards.com/i-sup.html An...
- SUP in MAllorca » Hi Folks, If planning a trip a to Mallorca (Spain), and would like to take SUP lessons, rent the ...
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
- Jackson Mon Star... » Looking for a Jackson Mon Star - anyone have any idea where I might find one. I know that they were ... (FS - North America - Canada)
- Bliss Stick Specialist kayak 5'9" for sale » This kayak is intended to be paddled on moving water and is considered a play boat. It has a flat b... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
TOPIC: Sea Kayaking places in Halong Bay Vietnam
Sea Kayaking places in Halong Bay Vietnam 4 years 11 months ago #30847
Halong Bay is probably where you would find yourself. Majestic and mysterious, Vietnam’s Halong Bay is a breathtaking location with over 2000 incredible jagged islands and islets rising from the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
Halong Bay, Vietnam
This superb panorama of limestone peaks enshrouded in mist, tumbling into the gently lapping sea and enclosing within its folds striking hidden caves is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The near-perpendicular pinnacles conceal the remains of many grottos and caverns, created over millions of years ago through a complex process of erosion whereby water trickled through limestone cracks enlarging them to create spectacular caves and resulting in the distinctive towers seen today.
About a 3 hour ride south of Hanoi, Halong Bay draws a steady stream of travelers year-round, who mostly opt for several days of cruising on a typical Vietnamese junk. Beyond the breathtaking seascapes on a boat trip through the bay, an amazing range of adventure travel opportunities are on offer: Travelers to Halong come to explore the spectacular caves, among them the amazing “Surprise Cave” with its 3 enormous caverns, where illuminated stalactites grow down to touch the rising stalagmites; to kayak and scuba dive around the islands and in and around some of the more remote, less accessible caves, such as the Dark Cave; to get to know “real-life” Vietnam, cycling through farm fields and remote tiny villages, where self-reliant locals raise and prepare their own food; to experience one of Vietnam’s most fascinating cultural features – the floating villages, nestling in the sheltered bays, where houses are set atop barges and year round, inhabitants catch and cultivate fish.
Suggested site: www.kayakhalongbay.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
See AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately.