Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Kayaking App for Android

Kayaking App for Android 11 years 8 months ago #32560

• irldesign
  • Grom Boarder
Hi All,
I've been whitewater kayaking for a number of years. To help me recall the
putin/getouts, stoppers, drops, dangers etc. I've developed an app to hold all this
information.

I've gotten good feedback from other kayakers so if you would like to have a look
here's the link below or search on google play for

Outdoor Sports GPS Walk Kayak

or the link is play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...NvbS5pcmxkZXNpZ24iXQ..

If you feel that there are any other features that you would like to see included please
contact the email address I put up for this app.

To view some of my kayak trips you can go to my youtube page

www.youtube.com/user/culleen01

Extra Information:

As we all know a lot of rivers do not have cell coverage so I've developed the
app in such a way that it will display your recorded map points and using GPS to get
your current location the app will show how near you are to your recorded map point.

The app will also allow you to add new map points using your current location so
no need to have underlying maps to record trip. When you come into cell coverage
you will get the underlying map being displayed.

I think that this app would also be useful for hill walkers, biking etc

Thanks for your time
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kayaking App for Android 11 years 8 months ago #32583

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
Not only a kayaking App via google, but you can also play kayakslalom on the google start-site today (at least on google.nl):)

www.google.nl/
or
www.google.com/doodles/slalom-canoe-2012

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.