Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Which Creek Boat to Buy?

Which Creek Boat to Buy? 12 years 6 months ago #31886

• Steveo3po
  • Grom Boarder
Hi all,

Thinking of moving into creeking and looking for a creek boat to buy.

Been looking into the LL Jefe, BS Mystic and Zet Raptor.

If anyone has advice on these boats or better boats, the help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which Creek Boat to Buy? 12 years 5 months ago #31893

• boyd35
  • Grom Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
hello mate i have just changed boats to an M size pyranha karnali and it's a great boat for any thing.
it's very easy to roll and very stable in big white water as it has no rails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveo3po

Re: Which Creek Boat to Buy? 12 years 5 months ago #31896

• cousinsa
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dagger's bringing out a new Mamba soon, so all the older models are going cheap. I have a friend who just got one for £650 brand new. A very good boat.

There's Pyranha Burn, which is expensive, being a relatively new model, but it has a large following and is a great boat, slightly catchier than the mamba.

I have to admit, the Karnali just seemed too big, slow and HEAVY for me, but try it anyway.

Dagger also have the Nomad, which just about trumped the others in a recent competition, but more expensive again. Personally I preferred the other two, anyway.

Another one to look at is the WaveSport Diesel. Its a bit more, shall we say 'Industrial' looking, more angles than curves, and it seemed a little wallowy to me, but maybe thats just me! I've heard great things about it.

My local shop doesn't stock the Jefe, or any other brands except Jackson, so I can't speak from experience about any of thier boats. If you're down anywhere near Hampshire, go down to Woodmill Canoe shop to try these out.

One more point though - don't forget to test what the boat's like OUT of the water, i.e. carrying it and transporting it. I've seen too many people buy a boat then complain it hurts their shoulder or won't fit on the car... :lol:

Happy hunting!

Re: Which Creek Boat to Buy? 12 years 5 months ago #31898

• DAMIEN G
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
had a burn for a while , great boat plastic very suspect ,moved to a jefe plastic great super fun ,fast boat ....then moved on to dagger nomad 8.5 again great boat loved it cracked two in six months in exactly same place under seat and not the only one this happened too ,,moved on to fluid solo then nice boat but slow and grabby at back found i was always been thrown backwards in it constant fight to stay forward ,,also had a zet raptor for a while nice boat really fast boofs well and ploughs through holes well but if you stray off line in it its extremely hard to get back loves going straight fast...paddling the liquid logic stomper 80 now and its the bomb, plastic seems good at moment ,out fitting is the bomb it goes really fast and turns on a penny really liking this boat ....hope this helps
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.