Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Jackson Kayak Shooting Star

Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 17 years 5 months ago #10423

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Boats Database: [url=article.php?id=2046]Jackson Kayak Shooting Star [/url]
The Ultimate Playboat
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 17 years 5 months ago #31127

• chris71
  • Gold Boarder
anybody else getting a little confused by the stream of models and marketing ?

Other size might change my opinion of course ;) 'cause I don't fit this one...

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 17 years 5 months ago #10424

• Kayaker0678
  • Guru Boarder
Its for kids Danes size kids. So his son can playboat better than he already does. He trys to make a boat for every sized paddler that is why there is SIX different sizes

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 17 years 5 months ago #10677

• fun1kayakking
  • Grom Boarder
hey the new stars have three other sizes. You can see all the info at jacksonkayak.com

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 15 years 10 months ago #21819

• nsshue
  • Grom Boarder
Which should I try? I'm 5'4" tall, weight is probably about 120 with gear on (I'm 115 lbs)

I would be at the absolute top (if I don't gain weight) for the shooting star...
But almost at the rock bottom of the scale for the Star...

I want it to playboat in... I'm in a Pyranha S6F 191 (vol is 41 gal) which fits me perfect
But, I have wanted to get a Star

The Shooting Star is only 30 gallons, BUT the Star is 46 Gallons..

I really don't know what to do.

Hope ya'll can help. I don't want to be in a too small boat, and certainly don't want to be in too big of a boat.

I like to do stern squirts, surf, bow enders (which I can't do in flat water with the S6F, can't sink it).

sue

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 15 years 10 months ago #21835

• AllenG
  • Gold Boarder
I'd suggest getting a star. Shooting star may be better in flat water, but that's it. I recently upgraded to an All-Star (I'm a bit bigger than you). It's much easier to throw around and much better overall for everything playboating. However, it's actually got 18L MORE volume than my old boat, but it's far easier when it comes to playboating. Which also means its so much more fun too!

It's about the boats design and outfitting, not just numbers (length + volume etc.). I'd recommend it, but having said that, it may not suit you or your paddling style. Have a demo of one, they are fun!

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 15 years 10 months ago #21836

• nsshue
  • Grom Boarder
Hey, thanks! I will try the Star...it did concern me that the Shooting Star was for kids and I fall kinda in between..

I can't wait to demo one! :-)

Re:Jackson Kayak Shooting Star 14 years 6 months ago #28200

• Arnzen
  • Grom Boarder
I just tried a Shooting Star and loved it! However I felt like I was almost too big for it at times. I'm about 110 and 5 feet. I'm used to slightly longer boats, but this boat was so much fun!! I've had so much trouble finding a boat that was short and low volume for me. It was so easy to throw a stern squirt in even on flat water. You should also look at the Fun series by Jackson. the Fun 1.5 is 35 gallons (The Shooting Star is 31). This might be helpful:
www.jacksonkayak.com/kayaks/product.cfm?product=kidseries
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.