Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L

Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L 7 years 8 months ago #35991

• cmdzee
  • Grom Boarder
Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this post. Also, I'm in the process of buying my first WW boat, so forgive any ignorance that may seem like common sense to a more experienced paddler. :/

Anyway, I paddled a Fluid Solo L recently and am looking to buy it used from the guy. I loved how the boat handled, however there were some issues with the outfitting. I was hoping I could get some perspective on if this boat can be finessed back life.

First, let me say I am about 5'11" and 215/220 lbs. The boat has some river rash from general use and some minor gouges, but nothing major is wrong with the plastic of the hull itself.

The first issue was the hip pads. There were a little tight and I was wondering if there were any hip pads I should look out for or avoid for replacements for this model kayak. This is a minor inconvenience, but I'm guessing I can configure this component. Any recommendations for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

The second, and much more serious issue, is what LOOKED like a crack in the outfitting's plastic above the right hip pad. Specifically, the plastic that the hip pad's straps are secured to. One of the previous owners has it duct taped. What I'm wondering, is there a fix for this at all, or would it require a whole new outfitting?

If the outfitting is unfixable, how much might it decrease the value of the boat (relatively speaking, from the $500 he wants for it).

Again, thanks for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L 7 years 7 months ago #36005

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
I realise I am 4 weeks too late perhaps. But if not, could post a photo of the boat and what you're talking about? :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.