support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats

Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28018

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28031

• FLuid Tim
  • Expert Boarder
Adrian Said
The seat sits on top of this skateboard (or spine, you choose) and is ultra easy to adjust – 2 thumb screws, that’s it. Amazingly, you don’t need any tools, just your thumbs, and probably your other fingers too if you’re not that good, easy as pie. You can also put in...

But what if I am a ham fisted muppet, then what...? Can I unscrew the thumbscrews with Hams?
(needs to be tested)

Or if I have two left thumbs, will I tighten one thumb screw while loosening another ...:laugh:

Lekker stuff Adrian. That new Detox is exciting and extremely easy on the eye. I'm pretty shallow so looks are important.
The LocoMotion will be perfect for the family for the Saturday morning paddle out on the Zandvlei (not in spring of course....too windy). Excellent concept and brilliantly executed!

And whats next....?

[letter to Fluid: Please please can we have a Touring sit inside that can handle class III as well as double up as a Sea Kayak. Something around 4.4m long, 63 cm wide, weighing about 26Kg featuring the excellent Fluid outfitting and enough storage place to pack a whole sheep for a spit braai on the river]

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28032

• AdrianTregoning
Well, then you will have to thin out those hammy hands of yours mate :P

It looks like you might have to build on another garage to store more stuff!!! :) hahaha. And explain it to the missus. Jeesh, I think I need to build a 2 bedroomed house with 5 or 6 garages.

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28040

• FLuid Tim
  • Expert Boarder
The question has already been asked. I mailed your link to the new Fluid boats to her yesterday under teh heading "Xmas Pressie's" and the first question that came back was; "what you selling to make space? A bike or the dogs?"

Damn I love those pooches.......
So I guess a bike it will have to go.

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28041

• AdrianTregoning
Damn I'm glad I'm not married :P hehe

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28044

• FLuid Tim
  • Expert Boarder
thats half the problem, we're not legally married :)

the paper means nothing bru, they move in, they take over

Make sure you have a special place to which you can retreat. In there sanity prevails.

For most blokes, its the toilet. At my place, its the toy room. :)

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28046

• AdrianTregoning
Then it's no problem. It's only a problem if you let it become one ;-)

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Bo 14 years 6 months ago #28047

• mrcg123
  • Expert Boarder
Wow new element looks sick, wish they made a small for us little paddlers

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Bo 14 years 6 months ago #28048

• AdrianTregoning
Fluid made their decision on a small versus large on customer feedback. It's up to everyone to mail/phone a manufacturer and complain/request stuff..... :huh: Hopefully there still will be a small. My guess, there will be :laugh:

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Bo 14 years 6 months ago #28049

• mrcg123
  • Expert Boarder
Let's hope so anyway a freestyle surf kayak meets my needs perfectly

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 6 months ago #28208

• weirdoinventor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Looks like some good stuff coming up.

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 4 months ago #28628

• AdrianTregoning
After a long wait I finally got to paddle the composite Element yesterday, and the day before. Unfortunately the waves were really small but so far it feels frikkin fantastic! :P SO good to paddle it :laugh:

I took some shots yesterday too, here's one of Andrew Pollock:

This week the waves will pick up properly....so I'll definitely get some more photos from the water and probably some video too :)

Re:Fluid Kayaks – New Whitewater & Recreational Boats 14 years 1 month ago #29248

• AdrianTregoning
Prices for South Africans:
R8970 for the Nemesis and R9170 for the Element, VAT included

For those in Europe (incl. VAT)
1230 Euro for Nemesis, 1255 Euro for Element.

For those in the USA (GST excl.)
$1250 for Nemesis, $1280 for Element.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.