support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready?

Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26887

• pliddell
  • Junior Boarder
I am just starting to get into creeking and the more I see/do the more convinced I have become that I should step up from my current helmet (Predator Shiznit) to something with more protection.

I have pretty much narrowed the search down to the Shred Ready Standard Full Face or WRSI with a full face attachment, but I was hoping that you guys might be able to give some advise on which of these is better.

Thanks for the help :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26890

• frostie89
  • Junior Boarder
Having looked at both of these, the Shred Ready seems far more sturdy, although I would prefer the outfitting in the WRSI, the SR outfitting seems a bit rubbish and flimsy. Both, however, are simply outclassed by the Sweet Rocker Fullface!

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26891

• deon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If you have to choose between those two brands. WRSI is the way to go. The SR helmets are good, but the WRSI helmets are a bit harder wearing and in my opinion sturdier.
I do agree with previous post the if you have the cash have a look at the Sweet Rocker.

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26894

• cjcc
  • Guru Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CKS has a carbon version of the SR Fullface out now, but it's $250 ($150 less than a Rocker FF, and around the same price as many other composite options, like FNA, Predator, etc.). www.coloradokayak.com/Standard-Full-Face-Carbon-Deluxe

I still haven't seen it on the SR site though.

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26905

• pliddell
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for all of the replies-

Unfortunately I am on a pretty tight budget, so I will probably have to stick with a plastic shell, but I agree that the sweet rocker sounds amazing.

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26907

• knoxy
  • Expert Boarder
the wrsi's are brilliant, and i recommend them highly. I can's comment on the full face attachment though.

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26917

• jimb
  • Expert Boarder
the wrsi are great helmet, the fullface attachement is crappy

the shred ready fullface helmet, is nice but doesn'nt fit head circumference over 61cm

Re:Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 14 years 9 months ago #26934

• Batayak
  • Gold Boarder
definitely go sr, the wrsis are flimsy and fullface doesn't do much good. the srs do a better job of not sliding around on your head too which is supposed to be wrsis big thing. I own a wrsi but having used both of them, the shred ready is simply better helmet

Re: Full face: WRSI or Shred Ready? 13 years 1 month ago #30880

• slalom93
  • Grom Boarder
Shred Ready. Just got email back from WRSI after having my full face "attachment" (the "Pinch") fall off while rolling in the Hole Brothers playhole on the Black in Watertown, NY. Even when 'locked' it can unlock on its own so you have to duct tape it shut or do something more radical. They've graciously (we'll see) offered to now refund the helmet because of my problems - they offered their new full face helmet at first, but apparently are having production troubles (!) and retracted the offer and offered me a refund now instead for my Standard helmet. I'm a river professional and am disappointed; not wasting any more time with WRSI. The Shred Ready is pretty cheap but - like all helmets - really requires time to outfit it for your head so it fits properly. Don't expect it to fit out of the box, nor any other helmet. Good luck.
d.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.