[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Login first to add this to your Likes or Haves.
|Please login to see full stats.|
Designer Johnnie Kern created a friend with enough volume to feel big if you needed to pack extra gear, or feel nimble and alive if you are just out for the afternoon creek run. From the contoured deck lines, to the "Safety-Ladder" and the Cargo-Load seat, it's safe to say that we have come to believe and rely upon our big, dependable, friend GUS. We hope you will to.
Key Features / Benefits:
• Resurfacing Contours: Channels water across the bow for smooth flat resurfacing
• The Groove: Increases maneuverability and accelerates on edge
• Reinforced bow: Added stiffness and strength
• Cargo-Load seat: Easy cargo access
• Foot room factor: Big enough for hiking boots… seriously
• Extra width in the stern: Increases stability and decreases rocket-move resurfacing
• Large cockpit: Easy exits
• Security Bars by Black Diamond: 7000 series aluminum for maximum strength
• Stiffy-Hull system: Stiffness, control, safety and hull durability
• Flex Capacitor backband: Ratchet system for in-seat adjustment and maximum control
• Adjustable seat and thigh braces: Custom fit and trim
• Hip Hugger outfitting: No hassle outfitting for comfort and control
Bottom line is, I've had a Nomad, Diesel, Jefe and now paddle a Jefe Grande, but have kept the Gus in spite of them all... I've been forced to start using other boats day-to-day as I'd rather not break my old worn out Gus: I'll probably never get another, and it's just too good a boat to loose!
Running Class IV+ frequently and sometimes stepping it up to Class V when I feel like it, mainly shallow rocky stuff.
Has the older LL outfitting, the backband hurts like hell if you're paddling without layers on in the summer time, and it's a sod to get it up and out of the way to put large items in the back.