Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Coming to the Netherlands

Coming to the Netherlands 16 years 3 weeks ago #21009

• Juno
  • Junior Boarder
Hoping someone could help me out.

My partner and I are going to base ourselves somewhere in the Netherlands for 6 months starting mid August. We are both graphic designers and we think that the Netherlands offers us the best opportunities of finding work in that field. Failing that cash will be of short supply and may need to get some sort of seasonal work to tie me over; what is available in what areas? Will only be getting a working holiday visa for the Netherlands so other countries aren't really an option but can travel to most as I am a New Zealand citizen.

More importantly keen to do some paddling while I am over there; I am happy on Grade 4+ stuff here in NZ and my partner paddles 3+. Initially won't be travelling with gear at this stage but will have it posted over once settled.

Lastly got a job??? or know anyone?

Thanks

Jason
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Coming to the Netherlands 16 years 3 weeks ago #21011

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
My sister is looking for another designer ASAP.
www.adlab.co.za/

You would be based in Cape Town, South Africa. Couple of creeks around:
www.cwwc.co.za/rivers.html
Some of those rivers are undergraded.

Maybe it's not your thing and perhaps a work visa would be too time consuming to get.. Just a thought. The Netherlands is super duper flat, as I'm sure you know. :silly:

Re:Coming to the Netherlands 16 years 22 hours ago #21358

• Arson
  • Pro Boarder
I am from the netherlands. And we don't have much whitewater here. We have an artificial course ( www.dwd.nl ) which is pretty good. But pricey. And then there is ofcourse the ocean with its waves. But thats about it.
I'm afraid I can't help you with a job though.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.