- Home Country
- United States
- Home State
- Interested in
- Looking for
- kayaking, canoeing, camping, hiking, golf,
- Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HB8E0FrX58wbq6sGOmPVw
- Paddling California http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/
- Kayaking California's Flat Waters www.kayakandcanoeguidebooks.com
- Current State
- Current Country
- United States
Education and Work
- No joined groups.
- Member since
- Thursday, 02 February 2006 00:00
- Last online
- 3 months ago
- Profile views
- 3,139 views
skygreen added a new photo in Lake Tahoe: Northern California's Paddling Paradise album
skygreen added a new photo in Paddling with your Pooch How safe is it to kayak with your dog? album
skygreen added a new photo in Kayaking the Shimmering Blue Waters of Silver Lake album
- Touring: Mammoth Lakes » The mammoth lakes are also featured on PaddlingCalifornia.com http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/Lake_Mamie.html... (Discuss)
- Serious Drought in California Could be Devesating to Kayaking » California is facing the most serious shortage of water crisis in its history. After experiencing the driest spring in recorded history and two years of drought, water reserves are dangerously low. With the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta ecosystem near collapse, court-ordered restrictions on water d... (North America)
- Help Stop Bann On Outside Boats in California » Please contact Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Department of Fish and Game (contact information below), to prevent lakes and reservoirs from banning all outside boats, or boats from Southern California. Instead of closing the lakes and reservoirs to all outside boats, request that the la... (North America)
- Joint Kayak Club Paddle May 16, 17, & 18 2008 » A Paddling Excursion Extravaganza at Lake Morena on May 16th, 17th & 18th 2008 Come share this outstanding paddling retreat with three other kayak clubs in Southern California, to meet other paddling enthusiasts and to enjoy the experience of paddling. This will be the ideal opportunity to check ...
- Southern Kayak Club Outing May 18 - 20th 2007 » A Paddling Excursion Extravaganza at Lake Morena on May 18th, 19th & 20th 2007 Come share this outstanding paddling retreat with three kayak clubs in Southern California, to meet other paddling enthusiasts and to enjoy the experience of paddling. This will be the ideal opportunity to check out...
- Santa Margarita Lake July 14th & 15th 2007 » Fishing, Barbecue Overnight Camping and Paddle Outing at: Santa Margarita Lake July 14th & 15th 2007 Location: Santa Margarita Regional Park Lake Phone: 805 788-2397 46 95 Santa Margarita Lake Road Santa Margarita, CA 93453 Email Questions to...
- Paddling Excursion at Lake Morena » Paddle Lake Morena on May 18, 19th and 20th 2007, with three other kayak groups in Southern California. It is an ideal way to meet other paddlers, in a setting that is ideal for paddling, hiking, camping, fishing, mountain biking, and relaxing under plentiful shady campsites. Last year the campg...
- Up coming paddles in California » Hi All! Please join me to meet other paddling enthusiasts and to enjoy the experience of paddling at 12 different destinations in California this summer. These paddling events are free of charge and will primarily be an opportunity to mingle with other paddlers, to find people of like interests...
- Southwind Paddlesport Expo June 3 & 4 at Newport Dunes, » Southwind Kayak Center Proudly Hosts: Paddlesport EXPO 2006 Try the latest kayaks and paddle craft, paddles and gear out on the water on Saturday, June 3rd from 9 to 4 at Newport Dunes. $8 admission ($4 age 65+/children 6 to12; under 6 are free...
- Kern River Festival » Do you have more information on the Kern River Fest in April or know who is putting it on? sky... (Whitewater)
Kayaking Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park and Big Lake - Big Lake and Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park appeal to kayakers, who enjoy paddling a place of exceptional, even primeval, beauty. You can paddle through the many waterways that run through the park by canoe or kayak. The park is a wilderness area and over two thirds of the area is covered by recent lava flows including vast areas of jagged black basalt. This beautiful mid-elevation lake located in Shasta County, is set in a golden pastoral setting with spectacular foothills in the distance. Paddlers will be rewarded with breathtaking views of Mt Shasta, and Mt. Lassen and other nearby peaks, as they glide along the winding interconnecting waterways that flow towards the west, which eventually turns into Horr Pond. Read more: http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/Big_Lake.html Beautiful Photos by Jim Snyder.
Added: Feb 19.
Kayaking Morro Bay, “The Gibraltar of the Pacific - Morro Bay is an extraordinary paddling destination. Although it offers year round paddling, the bay is most popular in the summer. The moderate year-round weather at Morro Bay creates an ideal place for kayaking, canoeing and kayak fishing, as well as SUP boarding. (During summer days the bay is much cooler than inland areas. The mild daytime air temperature lingers around the 60s with most days having highs somewhere in the 60s. Spring days are often breezy and in summer there is often fog for at least part of the day. Fall tends to have the warmest and clearest weather. In winter you may encounter rain, but a significant number of winter days on the bay are crystal clear. Winter is also the best time to see the incredible diversity of migrating birds. read more:http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/article_kayaking_morro_bay.html Photos by Walter Bunning.
Added: Feb 19.
Kayaking California - Paddle the premier calm water destinations of California, where the scenery ranges from the splendor of a glassy, pristine lake with magnificent towering evergreens rimmed by a sandy beach and beautiful rock formations, to the desolate splendor of the high desert, with an exceptional beauty of its own that breathes life into the barren landscape of the Great Basin. Whether you seek adventure paddling a secluded lake in the wilderness or just want to spend some leisurely time paddling a tiny lake, kayaking and canoeing can provide a pleasant diversion and a great time away from life’s day-to-day stress. Read Articles: http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com/article.html Beautiful photos by Cheryl Wood.
Added: Feb 19.
Albion River, A Flat Water Paddler's Paradise that Kayakers Dream About - Nestled in an evergreen forest along the Central Mendocino Coast, the Albion River is the essence of creativity and change as it empties into the Pacific Ocean near the town of Albion, California. The river's overall direction is east to west, but it moves significantly in the north-south direction. The Albion River is about six miles south of Mendocino. The river extends only about 15 miles inland. The tributaries of the river include Railroad Gulch, Pleasant Valley Creek, Duck Pond Gulch, South Fork Albion River, Tom Bell Creek, North Fork Albion River, and Marsh Creek. The river's most inland point is only 15 miles from the coast and its highest elevation is about 1,570 feet. The tidal flow of the Pacific flows some five miles upriver and creates a large estuary at the mouth of the river (mixed salt and fresh water). The tidal waters travel up approximately 5 miles upstream, which provides an easy paddling experience if you catch the tides just right. It works best to ride a flood tide, the ocean pushing its way in along with you, before turning and letting the ebb and river current carry you back out. http://www.paddlingcalifornia.com Stunning Photos by Sam Mills.
Added: Feb 19.
To see more Facebook information about this user, make sure your Playak and Facebook accounts are connected (click the blue Connect button on the left).
Date Post 2010-02-11 The dangers of kayaking and camping are real.