- Home Country
- United States
- English and Spanish
- Looking for
- "...and that has made all the difference."
- About me
- The New River Academy is a college preperatory boarding school with an extracurricular focus on whitewater kayaking.
- Home spot
- Fayetteville, WV and Pucon, Chile
Education and Work
- No joined groups.
New River Academy is Coming back to Chile for the spring semester. Follow us on our blog: http://www.newriveracademy.org/kayakblog/
1 year ago
- Re: Problem with flat water loop » Check out this detailed article by New River Academy student Eric Bartl: http://www.newriveracademy.org/kayakblog/how-to-flat-water-loop/... (Whitewater)
- Re: Himalayan Whitewater Championships 2011 » Sounds like fun! New River Academy plans on traveling there next year. Will the event happen next winter as well?... (Whitewater)
- Re: Flying with a boat to nepal? » Check out this article on flying kayaks: http://www.newriveracademy.org/kayakblog/kayak-travel-h…ith-your-kayak/ Remember stick with American Airlines if possible, and call it a surfski. Never call it a kayak! ....and good luck!... (Whitewater)
- Enter contest to win a free Johnnie Kayaker Tshirt » Help us build the Pucon Kayak Hostel Facebook page. Join the page and you'll be entered into the drawing for a free Johnnie Kayaker "Keep Kayaking" T-shirt tomorrow. Just click the join or like button. Pucon Kayak Hostel Facebook Page Keep Kayaking.... (Whitewater)
- Demshitz Dominate Palguin Race » Demshitz Domination It was a Demshitz kayak crew takes all event. And why not? The Demshitz crew of boaters has been exploring the rivers, bars, and women of Pucon, Chile for the last half decade. Demshitz chief visionary Jared Seiler would gracefully advance to the finals convincingly winning h...
- White Nile Safety? » My group is planning a January/Feb trip to the White Nile. With recent terrorism some of my clients have concerns. Can you give feedback, links, reports related to the safety of the White Nile as a destination? I realize the terrorist activity was to the north but must do a thorough research p... (Africa)
- White Nile Safety Concerns? » I am researching the White Nile as a destination for a high school group. One of our families top concerns will be safety. Can anyone share with me the safety concerns and reports I should research/be aware of as I make this proposal? Thank you for any feedback/connections. David Hughes New... (Africa)
- Re:boat on plane » You can get your boat on some airlines that do not allow kayaks but you are taking a chance. If you choose to take the chance and fly with an airline that does not allow kayaks then I recommend the following. A. Wrap the Fun well and make it look as much like a surfboard as possible. Call it a...
- high school students enter to Win a free kayak » You can Apply To win a free kayak donated by New River Academy. Rules: Entrants must 12 to 18 years old or parent of 12 to 18 year old student. Drawing will be held at Gauley Festival September 19, 2009. Entrants do not have to be present to win. Click here for Kayak Drawing: http://www.ne...
- Pichilemu Huge Waves » These may not be the biggest. They certainly delivered huge air and some beatdowns. And a cool video by the Video class at New River Academy. http://newriveracademy.org/kayakblog/welcome-epic-surf-kayaking-first-update/ go Huge Kayaking. David...
New River Academy Paddles the Rio Fuy in Chile - The Rio Fuy is one of New River Academy's favorite runs in Chile. It is located near the town of Chosuenco in Chile's Lakes Region.
Added: Jun 25 2012.
New River Academy on Rio Palguin in Chile - kayak school, kayaking, whitewater, playboating, new river academy, go huge, gap year, fayetteville, west virginia, rivers, chile, high school, boarding school, education, alternative education, experiential education.
Added: Apr 6 2012.
My twitter updates
New River Academy
263 tweets, 452 followersAn accredited high school and gap year abroad for kayakers.
Samantha Dold Physically exerting yourself is not advisable after you have given blood. However, when you get... http://t.co/4S2L92Jx7JMonday, 06 May 2013 20:52
Help spread the word and share. Share. SHARE. http://t.co/7KAU89SYGC http://t.co/xl8O11Pd5HTuesday, 30 April 2013 21:00
Congratulations Huge Experiences' alumni and past coaches for making the US Freestyle Team: Jordan Poffenberger-... http://t.co/DAgUP8TYCaSunday, 28 April 2013 19:14
Promo DVD of Patagonia Study Abroad is done. Help us launch this great program by sharing in university and... http://t.co/4UEGyuLZuUWednesday, 03 April 2013 21:13
http://t.co/LPmsyXyB28Tuesday, 02 April 2013 00:03