- Home Country
- No joined groups.
- Member since
- Thursday, 29 January 2004 00:00
- Last online
- 4 years ago
- Profile views
- 5,384 views
- Re:3 weeks in Nepal » There´s a huge amount to be kayaked. Not sure on your aim...scenic grade III? Pumping grade V?..Waterfalls?.. Multidays?.. Two of the better (harder) Expeditionrivers are the Humla Karnali.. (i dont like it because of some hardcore portages)..and the Arun Gorges (one of my favorite). An ...
- Re:34 meter high WORLD RECORD! » records, first descents, speed records are all nice things to put as a patch on your lifejacket or ego. obviously they are hard to proove, as mostly kayaking will happen in remote or difficult to be reached locations. usually (in the old days), the comunity was small and there were no easy sma...
- Re:Multi-day self-support system » where you are right... most big volume rivers (anywhere) have a pool drop character...just as any matured river... the barrel wont hurt anyone...you usually should keep you eyes open for things coming from upstream and not expecting things to be done correctly upstream it fits a lot of stuf...
- Back deck roll vs ouch! » obviously is it possible to roll (mostly only in flatwater) with a quick backdeckroll...but, i think the discussion was about safety, especially in a challenging river environment....so to say rocky, fast water.... overall i still believe, that usually a front roll will be best when in above ment...
- CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation » this is a very sensitive topic if/how CPR works... as mentioned above, it is not a difficult thing to learn...and i believe you can learn it by just reading it... WFR and other medical courses are obviously highly recommended but as usual... it fully depends on the person which is doing the...
- 5 main skills you need to kayak decently? » ok..i think there's only three things you need for kayaking (and not only for kayaking) ... 1. right speed 2. right angle 3. right leaning (balance) i think if you got them right for the situation/rapid/falls...everything will be fine.. :dance:...
- flying and boats » flying with boats... all i say...it gets very much unpredictable what you are in for... used to be easy...and especially the info from before with qatar airlines... i flew them plenty of times..with boat(s) without...never any problem...until ones...out of the blue..overweight charge...30$/...
- Viagra for kayaking? » after reading people are carrying rape kits :naughty: :stop: i might have to vote for a stricter control on viagra.. :hand:...
- Dagger Europe CFS » i have been using my cfs since 2001...at it;s been abused plenty... but so to speak, it came directly from the states... then i have been using a nomad...which is solid too but seems to have a softer plastic (this one is european made)... i complained/wrote to dagger (usa) and they confirme... (Whitewater)
- Tents » hi... i am making 2kind of bivvies, one is already on the site (www.shivaoutdoors.com)... it's a do it all, that's why the name's magic carpet... there's a lot of ventilation stuff, as i know personally that it wont work, also i left the poles away (as in kayaking you might/will poke hol...
Date Event Relation 2009-10-02 Surf Superior Confluence 2009-09-13 Youth Freestyle 2009-09-06 Youth Freestyle 2009-08-20 Greenland Style Kayak Symposium 2009-08-01 3rd Annual Cabrillo Beach Enduro 2009-07-11 Youth Freestyle 2009-06-14 Youth Freestyle 2009-06-12 South Sound Traditional Inuit Kayak Symposium 2009-06-12 Lyons Outdoor Games 2009-05-16 King and Queen of Dogpatch (SUP)
Kayak Map Markers
2009-05-15 Upper Seti Kayaking and Rafting Put In 2009-05-15 Trisuli Rafting and Kayaking Put In 2007-07-21 Highest Kayak School 2007-07-17 Dudh Koshi Nepal 2007-07-17 Monsoon Madness 2007-07-17 Ladakh Travels 2007-07-17 Humla Karnali 2007-07-17 Thule Bheri 2007-07-17 Hoggenakkal Falls 2007-07-17 Ladakh Travels