- Birth date
- Home Country
- United States
- Wenzhou, China
- English and a bit of Mandarian Chinese
- White Water, Photography
- About me
I got started in June '06. Paddling Class III now, working on Class IV. Finally picked up a reliable combat roll later that winter and it changed everything!
Moved to southeast China in September '07. I'm teaching English (which is an excellent source of income) and in my spare time I'm teaching friends to kayak and exploring my local rivers. I've found some great creek runs but no "big water" here to speak of. As my Chinese improves I am thinking of starting up my own adventure company offering kayaking, rafting, mountain biking and backpacking. The city where I live already has 4-5 hiking clubs, a few bicycling clubs and a para sailing club. I'm working on starting up interest in kayaking. I've got big dreams for my future here!
- Windows Live
- [email protected]
- Boating type
- Whitewater, creeking, expedition, touring
- Boat brands
- I own 2 Liqiud Logic boats but I'm shopping again.
- Paddle Brands
- Gear brands
- NRS (love'em) among others
- Home spot
- Was Cartecay, Nanty, Chattoga, Tellico, LRC in the SE USA but now I'm kayaking on NanXi River and ZeYa creek in SE China!
- Dream spot
- You should see the places I kayak here, it'll make you dream!
- Boating philosophy
- Work hard, play harder! When I'm off work I'm off... I'm out of the city in the countryside hiking, biking or heck yeah, kayaking!
Education and Work
- English teacher. Previously IT, Web Deisgn, Networking
- No friends yet
- No joined groups.
Living and kayaking in southeastern China
- 3 years ago
- Member since
- Tuesday, 05 September 2006 11:52
- Last online
- 1 year ago
- Profile views
- 1,860 views
I saw your post looking for a Riot Sniper, low volume creekboat. I thought you might enjoy knowing that since Riot moved production over seas to China, they have discontinued production of the Sniper and no longer offer a short stubby creeker like it. My Chinese friends and I here in Wenzhou, China have bought the mold and are now producing the kayak under
- 18 Months later » My girl friend, Angel, I have regular roll practice every Sunday afternoon at 1pm in the local lake. We haven't been joined by many people but the weather is starting to warm up. I got sun burned yesterday hiking in the mountains (above the smog) and it was really warm. Back down in the city, it'... (FS - Asia)
- Point 65 Double Shot » Anyone familiar with this tandem touring kayak? I didn't find a review posted yet. It is the only one that I know of right now that I can purchase in China (where I'm living now). Thanks, Chuck... (Discuss)
- Re:Diesel 75 or Mamba 8.5 » I was in a Mamba 8.5 a few weeks ago demoing it. I really liked it and I'm used to paddling a LL Huck for creeking. The Nomad was noticably faster, the outfitting was nice and it handled very well. I gave it a series of rolls early on and later just to goof off a little and I liked the way it fel...