Johnson Outdoors Inc. (Nasdaq: JOUT), a leading global outdoor recreation company, today announced the sale of the Lendal® brand and all of its assets to Celtic Paddles LTD, owned and operated by Nigel Dennis, renowned sea kayak adventurer and designer. The deal was signed and closed on May 6, 2010.
In 2009, Johnson Outdoors launched a comprehensive initiative to significantly reduce cost and complexity, optimize synergies and assets and dramatically improve profitability of its Watercraft unit. In addition to restructuring and operational consolidation, the Company aligned R&D, sales and marketing efforts behind a more focused, more profitable line-up of paddle sport products.
“Johnson Outdoors has earned a reputation as one of the world’s premier recreational paddle sports companies. This transaction reinforces our commitment to focus resources on bringing forward new products that strengthen our core brand equities and grow our customers’ business. The Lendal brand of paddles is well-suited to the Nigel Dennis portfolio, and marks a return to its roots as a respected U.K. brand,” said Kelly Grindle, Senior Group Vice president, Marine Electronics and Watercraft for Johnson outdoors.
JOHNSON OUTDOORS is a leading global outdoor recreation company that turns ideas into adventure with innovative, top-quality products. The company designs, manufactures and markets a portfolio of winning, consumer-preferred brands across four categories: Watercraft, Marine Electronics, Diving and Outdoor Equipment. Johnson Outdoors' familiar brands include, among others: Old Town® canoes and kayaks; Ocean Kayak™ and Necky® kayaks; Carlisle® paddles; Extrasport® personal flotation devices (PFDs); Minn Kota® motors; Cannon® downriggers; Humminbird® fishfinders; Geonav® marine electronics; SCUBAPRO® UWATEC® and SubGear® dive equipment; Silva® compasses; Tech4O® digital instruments; and Eureka!® tents.
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Johnson Outdoors Announces Divestiture of Lendal
3059 0 2 0 0
May 06, 2010
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.