Kokatat is excited to announce a new strategic alliance with whitewater kayaking superstar Eric “E.J.” Jackson and his son and reigning Junior Freestyle Kayak World Champion Dane Jackson. The Jacksons will collaborate with Kokatat on the development of a signature whitewater collection of Kokatat gear for introduction in 2013 and will exclusively wear Kokatat’s legendary paddlesports gear and PFD’s.
“E.J. and Dane are two of the greats in whitewater today and we’re so pleased to have them as part of our team,” said Jeff Turner, Kokatat sales and marketing manager. “We are excited to watch them continue to push the boundaries of the sport in our gear and to integrate their ideas into the Kokatat product line with the Jackson signature collection.”
“I’ve always had huge respect for Kokatat, for its gear and the company,” said Eric Jackson, a four-time Freestyle Kayak World Champion and founder of Jackson Kayak. “Kokatat possesses the same traits that I’ve instilled into my company- first rate quality, innovative design, and made in the USA.”
The Jacksons will collaborate with Kokatat’s product development and design team to create a Jackson Signature Collection of whitewater specific gear, under the Kokatat brand, that will be introduced for the 2013 paddling season. The collection will be launched at the 2012 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City, UT.
E.J. is one of the most recognized and decorated whitewater paddlers in the history of the sport. Every year since 1989, Jackson has been a member of the United States Kayaking Team, either in slalom or freestyle, and competed in the 1992 Olympics in the slalom discipline finishing 13th. Over the past twenty plus years, E.J. has been a pioneer in freestyle kayaking both as an athlete and in the industry. In 2003, after paddling and designing for various kayak manufacturers, E.J. founded his own kayak company Jackson Kayak. Today, Jackson Kayak is the leading manufacturer of whitewater kayaks.
Dane Jackson was paddling before he could walk. He grew up crisscrossing the United States in the family RV making stops at all the big whitewater events. Under the watchful eye and instruction of his father and pushed by playful sibling rivalries, his sister Emily is a Freestyle Kayak World Champion, Dane has emerged as the up and coming superstar of whitewater kayaking.
2011 was a banner season for the eighteen-year-old phenom. In the early spring the young Jackson won the inaugural Whitewater Grand Prix, which included a field of some of the biggest names in the sport. He followed this with a medal filled performance at the 2011 ICF Freestyle Kayak World Championships in Germany, becoming the most decorated athlete at a single World Championships winning three gold medals and a bronze. Jackson then capped the season off with three gold medals at the USA Freestyle Kayak National Championships. Father, EJ and sister, Emily also won their divisions making all three reigning National Champions.
About Kokatat Watersports Wear:
Celebrating 40 years of innovation, Kokatat is an independently operated, US manufacturer of technical apparel and accessories for water sports. Handcrafted in Arcata, California, Kokatat employees are focused on building the finest functional product for people who work and play on water. Our gear is designed for paddlers, by paddlers, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience on the water all year long and in all weather conditions. Into the water with Kokatat! Please visit www.kokatat.com and follow Kokatat on Facebook and Twitter [email protected]
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » I realise I am 4 weeks too late perhaps. But if not, could post a photo of the boat and what you're ... (Whitewater)
- Expeditions in Nepal this Autumn (from $60 per day) » Want to try something different? Want to join one of our epic expeditions in Nepal? From 1 - 20 day ... (Whitewater)
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Kokatat teams up with whitewater superstars Eric and Dane Jackson
1322 0 2 0 0
October 04, 2011
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.