Seasoned whitewater kayaker and Kokatat ambassador Jakub Sedivy is set to embark this October on an expeditions down the Langu Khola River in Tibet. Sedivy and his teammates composed of Ron Fischer (CH), Raphael Thiebaut (F), Stefan Pion (F), and Francesco Salvato (I) are on a quest to paddle the remote tributary Og Mugu Karnali, between Nepal and Tibet completely self supported.
Due to the strict limit of cargo the team’s whitewater boats can carry, only the most essential gear and equipment will make the trip. Sedivy will rely on a Kokatat’s Ronin Pro PFD and GORE-TEX® Limited Edition Meridian Dry Suit for the expedition.
The expedition is scheduled to include three weeks of trekking and paddling through non-accessible wilderness at high altitude to the inner Dolpo region. The area sees very few visitors, due to the remote location and cultural values.
“What we know are stories about deep boxed canyons, breathtaking scenery, cold nights, big rapids, some hard portages and weeks spent on the water;” Sedivy said. “Langu Khola with its length, location, difficulties and hard access, makes this modern kayaking trip feel like those of early explorers.”
After landing in Kathmandu and acquiring the necessary permits, the team will travel from Pokhara to Jomson to begin a ten-day journey along the Great Himalayan Trek. Their river journey will likely cover 500 km.
About Kokatat Inc.:
Celebrating over 40 years of innovation, Kokatat is an independently operated, US manufacturer of technical apparel and accessories for water sports. Handcrafted in Arcata, California, Kokatat employees are focused on building the finest functional product for people who work and play on water. Our gear is designed for paddlers, by paddlers, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience on the water all year long and in all weather conditions.
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- ICF Canoe Sprint World Cup live stream » Just got this from the ICF ---- Hi Don’t forget to check out the LIVE stream from today’s ‘A’ ... (Canoeing)
- Sad news from Germany: kayaker dies after accident on high water Alb river » Google translation: In the flood-leading Alb in the area Albbruck / Hohenfels capsized yesterday, Su... (Europe)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Jakub Sedivy joins Langu Khola Expedition Featured
1744 0 2 0 0
October 08, 2012
Arcata, CA, USA
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.