#ICFplattling Rise of water level not yet predictable – Finals will be re-scheduled on Thursday.
Still no sign of relief for the Organizing Committee of the ICF Freestyle World Championships. Yesterday, the city authorities of Plattling had predicted a dramatic rise of the river Isar’s water level for end of the week up to a level of three meters. This morning the prediction was readjusted to a much lower level – still there will happen a rise which could eventually endanger the carrying through of the event. For this reason all semifinal runs were re-scheduled to Thursday. This gives the Organizing Committee enough scope to carry out the final runs depending on the further development.
“The rise of the water level will not be as dramatic as predicted yesterday. But we can’t give the all-clear signal yet, the water level will definitely rise before the week end. Possibly to a level which could flood parts of the venue. We still cannot predict if we are talking about a single waterpeak or a longer lasting rise of the river’s level”, said Robert Sommer, Head of the Organizing Committee. „We will carry out all of the semifinals tomorrow. This gives us enough time to react accordingly.“
Tomorrow morning 10:00 am the city authorities of Plattling will have a new prediction of the expected rise of the water level. The data will be used as the basis of decision making for the upcoming schedule. “As soon as we have talked to all involved persons and organizations we will make a decision about the final timetable for the residual runs”, said Sommer.
Press Conference on Thursday, 23rd of June, 03:00 pm
On Thursday, 23rd of June the Organizing Committee will hold a press conference at 03:00 pm. One of the topics at the press centre will be the final timetable.
The new schedule for Thursday, 23rd of June:
07:00 OC1 Semi finals
08:00 C1 Semi finals
09:00 K1 JW Semi finals
10:00 K1 JM Semi finals
11:00 K1 W Semi finals
12:00 K1 M Semi finals
13:00 KSM Semi finals
15:00 Press conference
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Freestyle Worlds Semi finals re-scheduled to Thursday
1900 0 1 0 0
June 22, 2011
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.