Chris Gragtmans named to new role as Andrew Holcombe steps down Dagger, the premier designer and manufacturer of high-performance whitewater and recreational kayaks, today announced that longtime team paddler Chris Gragtmans has been named the new Team Dagger manager after Andrew Holcombe exited his role at the end of June.
Award-winning paddler Holcombe was born on the banks of the Nantahala and has been spending time on the water ever since. After three years serving as the head of the Dagger athlete team, Holcombe is stepping down to pursue his career in teaching, but he’s not going far.
“I still plan to kayak for Dagger well into the future,” said Holcombe. “But I’m excited for the opportunity to pursue a new direction at the French Broad River Academy.”
Taking his place is Gragtmans, a formidable athlete in his own right, with eight top four finishes in North Carolina’s annual Green Race and multiple first descents under his belt. A Team Dagger member since 2008, Gragtmans definitely knows the ropes.
“I am honored to continue my work on Team Dagger in this new role with such an incredible and multi-faceted team,” Gragtmans said. “The product portfolio has never been stronger, and it really is an exciting time for Dagger, both as a brand and as a group of athletes,” he added.
“The entire Dagger family sends a huge thank you to Andrew for his support of our brand and for his service to the team over the past three years,” said Jessica Prescott, marketing communications manager for Confluence, Dagger’s parent company. “We are so glad to keep him on as one of Dagger’s athletes, and we are now looking forward to great things from Chris as he steps in as the new team manager. Chris has been an asset to Team Dagger for the past four years, and we know he will transition into this new leadership role with success.”
For more information on Team Dagger and to keep up with the athletes, visit www.teamdagger.com. To learn more about Dagger products, visit www.dagger.com.
Dagger doesn’t believe in going half-way, or giving “just enough.” In the world of paddling, Dagger is all in, and has been since 1988. From recreational flat-water kayaks to whitewater boats bound for class V creeking and all water in between, Dagger designs and manufactures premier kayaks for all kayaking styles from Greenville, South Carolina. From the mountains to the sea, Dagger represents the relentless pursuit of fun. If your soul is also one with the water, join the Dagger Community and check out the kayaks at www.dagger.com.
Dagger · Adventure Technology · Wave Sport · Perception · Harmony · Wilderness Systems ·
Mad River Canoe· Bomber Gear
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- 4" Waterline » I'm wondering if anyone who ownes or who has owned a Delsyk Akula, has measured the 4" waterline? Bo... (Sea Kayaking and Touring)
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- Vacuum/inflatable SUP » Hope these are as good as they sound! This tech would put inflatables on par with hardboards....
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Dagger Announces New Team Dagger Manager
617 0 0 0 0
July 16, 2012
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.