C4 Waterman co-founders, Brian Keaulana and Archie Kalepa join the list of world-renowned watermen and women when they are honored by the Duke Kahanamoku Hawaii Waterman’s Hall of Fame on Thursday, August 23rd at the Waikiki Outrigger Canoe Club. The Waterman’s Hall of Fame acknowledges recipient’s legacies and all that they have represented to Hawai‘i’s ocean sports community. Other recipients this year include famed big-wave surfer and oceanographer Ricky Grigg and Michael Tongg, an instrumental leader in the growth of canoe paddling statewide.
“I am really proud of Brian and Archie and I could not think of any one more deserving of this honor,” said friend and business partner Todd Bradley. “They have spent a lifetime dedicated to the ocean and have made significant impact in not just their community but the surf, rescue and movie industry as well.”
The Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame Awards Dinner is presented by the Outrigger Duke Kahanamoku Foundation (ODKF) and Honolulu Star-Advertiser. Along with paying tribute to the new Hall of Fame honorees, the evening’s festivities will feature a concert by Henry Kapono and music by Maunalua.
“We are honoring truly remarkable watermen who have meant so much to modern-day ocean sports in Hawai‘i and whose influence is seen in generations of young people throughout our islands,” said Tim Guard, event co-chair and ODKF board member.
Table sponsorships seating eight are available for $3,500, $2,500, and $1,000, with individual seats at $65 each. Net proceeds raised will benefit ODKF’s college scholarships and athletic grants program. Tickets and information are available at www.DukeFoundation.org.
The Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame was initiated in 2010 to create a lasting tribute to the Hawaiian Islands’ water sports legacy and honor the achievements of Hawai‘i’s standout watermen and waterwomen. The criteria used to select inductees are:
• Keiki o ka ‘äina / keiki o ke kai
• Sustained outstanding contribution to the sport
• International, national and local accomplishment and recognition
Past Hawai‘i Waterman Hall of Fame honorees include Duke Kahanamoku, Eddie Aikau, Wally Froiseth, Fred Hemmings, Buffalo Keaulana, Rabbit Kekai, Keo Nakama, Nappy Napoleon, Rell Sunn, Peter Cole, Ethel Kukea, Aileen Soule, and Nainoa Thompson.
ODKF is a public, nonprofit foundation whose mission is to financially support the development of individuals and organizations that perpetuate the spirit and legacy of Duke Kahanamoku. ODKF has awarded college scholarships and athletic grants of approximately $1.8 million to 1,277 Hawai‘i individuals and nonprofit organizations in water sports and volleyball since its formation in 1986, including $130,950 to 60 recipients in 2012. For information, visit www.DukeFoundation.org.
C4 Waterman, Inc. is an Oahu, Hawaii-based lifestyle and adventure sports equipment company. They are a brand focused on providing the highest quality hard goods and soft goods to water sports athletes and enthusiasts around the world. C4 was the first company with a focus on SUP and continues to lead the pack when it comes to industry recognition, authenticity, innovation and product design.
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
C4 Waterman Co-Founders to be Inducted into Hall of Fame
949 0 1 0 0
August 17, 2012
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.