Bomber Gear, a manufacturer of premium, high-performance paddling apparel and sprayskirts, this week kicks off a fundraising and awareness campaign for the Humane Society as part of an overall outreach campaign for the brand.
GREENVILLE, S.C. (July 30, 2012) – Bomber Gear, a manufacturer of premium, high-performance paddling apparel and sprayskirts, this week kicks off a fundraising and awareness campaign for the Humane Society as part of an overall outreach campaign for the brand.
The newest of the Confluence Watersports brand family, Bomber Gear came under the umbrella in 2011,and this year is focusing on growing the brand by engaging specialty retailers, creating an innovative and well-rounded product line, growing the sport of kayaking, and supporting the paddlers who define the outdoor industry.
Bomber Gear is committed to on-water passions across the board, so in an effort to try and do some good while also celebrating kayak adventurers and the paddling culture as a whole, the brand has partnered with the Humane Society. Outdoor enthusiasts inherently love dogs and seem to take them everywhere, so support for dogs is ultimately a service to the people who love them.
“You can hardly unload your boat, go for a hike, set up for a climb, or even charge down a slope without seeing a happy pup on the heels of a fellow athlete these days,” said Jessica Prescott, marketing communications manager for Confluence Watersports, Bomber Gear’s parent company. “Man’s best friend certainly seems to have become everyone’s best adventure buddy, and at Bomber Gear we can’t think of a better way to celebrate outdoor enthusiasts than to support their canine pals. We are honored and excited to partner with the Humane Society in another effort to give back to our industry and toast our culture.”
Bomber Gear chose 10 local Humane Society chapters across the country and is donating a portion of this year's sales – up to $10,000 – to these organizations. To help reach that goal, Bomber Gear will donate $1 for every Facebook Bomber Gear page “Like” gained in the month of August. In addition, online shoppers will have the option to donate $1 when they make a purchase on the new Bomber Gear website beginning August 1, 2012.
The brand is also planning to continue Humane Society efforts at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market trade show, August 1-5, 2012. Bomber Gear is sponsoring the show’s dog leashes, given to any dog that enters the trade hall or visits the “Bark Park.” They will also be handing out samples of Zuke’s dog treats to those who test sister brand Harmony’s new dog mat, the Pup Pad-ler, at the Open Air Demo. In addition, they are selling full packages of Zuke’s new line of Supers treats in the Bomber Gear booth and at the demo at a discounted price, with all proceeds going to the Salt Lake City Humane Society.
To round out their efforts, Bomber Gear is partnering with other companies including Contour, Teva, Zuke’s and D-fa to hold a contest throughout the course of the show in which the winner will take home some exciting prizes from these companies.
For more information about Bomber Gear and to get involved in the campaign, visit www.bombergear.com or the brand’s Facebook page. To learn more about the Humane Society, visit www.humanesociety.org.
About Bomber Gear:
Bomber Gear was founded in Durango, Colo. in 1992 by expert kayaker Rick Franken. Franken bought his first sewing machine because he and a small group of adventure-seeking friends needed better gear. Better gear that let them push the limits and perform at their best while staying warm, dry and comfortable. The goal was to design and manufacture task-specific paddling gear that worked for everyone. Today, Bomber Gear is a premium, authentic paddlesports brand that continues to specialize in designing performance sprayskirts and technical paddlesports apparel. Visit Bomber Gear online at www.bombergear.com.
Wilderness Systems · Wave Sport · Perception · Dagger · Bomber Gear · Mad River Canoe Harmony · AT Paddles
Login / Connect
Like us on Facebook
- Guatemala's Oxec hydro project: July update » Hello river friends, I wanted to share some positive developments in the fight against the Oxec d... (Central and South America)
- Cracked Outfitting in Fluid Solo L » Hey guys, this is my first post in this forum so redirect me if this is the wrong place for this pos... (Whitewater)
- Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone Wild » https://youtu.be/--MgkoeQQs8 Whitewater Carnage: Ocoee River Carnage 2016 E5 - Rookie Guides Gone... (Whitewater)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding Injuries » Click this SurveyMonkey link to participate: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MF2WQRB (30 or so mult...
- Naish puts hydrofoil SUP on the market » SUPkayak2016-05-21at09.34.40.jpg In the SUPzero Buyers Guide: http://supzero.com/buyers-guide/bo... (Surf SUP)
- Fatyak Samos SUP » Fatyak from the UK mostly makes Sit On Tops, but are planning to introduce a plastic SUP as well. Lo...
- WTB Jackson Funrunner 60 » Looking for a Funrunner 60. We live in Delaware but are coming to Week of Rivers. Thanks.... (FS - North America - US)
- Dagger Jitsu 6.0 Like Brand New for trade » I have a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 in green that id like to trade of a fishing kayak. Used once, way too adv... (FS - North America - US)
- Re: Wanted- Portland Oregon- Creek Boat » opinions and ideas welcome people.... (FS - North America - Canada)
[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Bomber Gear Partners with Humane Society
793 0 1 0 0
July 30, 2012
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.