Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Liquid Logic Vision 56

Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10893

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Boats Database: [url=article.php?id=2108]Liquid Logic Vision 56[/url]
The Vision 56 and Vision 44 is a breakthrough in freeride design. Its innovative rail, taken from surfboard technology, gives the Vision insane edge-to-edge looseness and drive. Designed to gain speed when on the rail, this feature also gives the boat extra bite while carving. Not only does the Velocity rail create a forgiving edge, it also enhances the performance by giving water a channel down the side of the boat as well as a surfboard rail to help hold its carve, said designer and world-class freestyle kayaker Shane Benedict. At first glance, the Vision looks like it might be hard to handle; however, by tucking the rail in a full inch and flaring the sidewalls for a rounded rather than flat profile, Shane gave the boat incredible secondary stability for hole play. He then added slicey ends that make cartwheeling in a hole or on the flats super easy. The Vision excels in any arena, be it park-n-play or playing your way downstream. A big forward leap in whitewater design, this edge/rail technology makes even the smallest waves fun again.
If you're happy, you're successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #31134

• Welshcake
  • Grom Boarder
ok guys can you help me out.. regarding the Vision 56. is it a playboat or a river play? isit a full on playboat or river runner also.. websites says alrounder, playboat. people in cardiff canoe club say its a full on play!!
what is it???:?: :?: :think: :think: :think:

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10896

• wwdemon
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've had a Vision 56 for a year now and I'd say that it is a definitely a full on playboat. Don't get me wrong - it's not bad at all at river running either. I took it to the Coruh river in Turkey (big volume) and it was a blast. Felt great down river, not a moment of doubt. Play in mind I absolutely love it, especially the carving ability. Plus this boat made me improve on my technique a lot, which is a really good thing.
Y do U ask? Think of buying?
:lol:

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10897

• Kicks
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, yeah one of my mates has got a 56, i would it's pretty much a full on playboat, and that said, it's a bloody nice one too!
It's got pretty high volume, which is maybe why folk might think it's a river runner, but in my opinion it's way too short.
Hope that helps.

Kicks

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10949

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
Its a play boat you have to take into acount paddlers ability also as people who have been paddling for a long time may find that they can handle it down a river where as less experienced paddlers will find it a handful and may put them off! If you want a river running playboat look at the
Riot Disco, Booster,
Jackson Fun series
LLCR 125/250 which ever you fit in the mid weight range for prob the 250 if your looking at the 56
Pyranha Inazones, SevenO m/l recoil
Wavesport big EZ great river runner cartwheeler
Perception blaze
Dagger Juice/Rx or maybe a Gforce very cheap 6.3 £475 or so friendly playboat which should be ok up to grade 3 depending on your skills

A few people in Cardiff paddle GForces, s6, juices big EZ or ezg mayb try them out

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10974

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
defenitly not a riverrunning plaboat, i paddled one of these down a class three section and loved it, but you have to watch yourself otherwise the tucked rails will catch you. its great on a wave, and i could flatwater the it reall easily( i weigh 135 and my technique sucks which shows how easy this boat is to carthweel). Id feel comfortable taking it down class four rivers, would probably want to get something else for creeks altho ive never tried it on one so i cant say for sure.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #10991

• Darinm
  • Expert Boarder
If you're a newer boater I certainly wouldn't reccomend the Vision as a player/river runner. I paddled a g-force before my KP and would take it down class IV-V rivers without too many issues, but when I got my Vision I was flipping in a lot of class IV at first, the edges do like to catch when the boat is being paddled downriver. I still paddle the vision and love it, just gotta be on it for paddling it downriver, it's far from a river running playboat. If the skills are there you can make it work, but it wont be good to learn downriver paddling in.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #11005

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
Check out this video:
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6807518912741618022&hl=en

Right at the start Vision 44 beats the Jefe at riverrunning :roflol:

The paddler in Vision is my brother and hes been paddling it for couple of years. The Vision doesnt seem to have any more issues at riverrunning than any other playboat.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #11009

• Whitewaterules
  • Guru Boarder
Tuomas wrote:
Check out this video:
video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6807518912741618022&hl=en

Right at the start Vision 44 beats the Jefe at riverrunning :roflol:

The paddler in Vision is my brother and hes been paddling it for couple of years. The Vision doesnt seem to have any more issues at riverrunning than any other playboat.

Nice Video Tuomas! It was great to finaly see the Vision in action. How much do you think your brother weighs? Also, I am wondering how the boat does in holes, especially with cartwheels? Mostly I am wondering about your brothers weight.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #11015

• fulltilt
  • Junior Boarder
My honest opinion this bout is hopeless i hate it cant stand the thing. thers no volume in the front and too much in the rear doesnt mater were u sit this boat it utter rubish

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 4 months ago #11020

• Tuomas
  • Gold Boarder
Whitewaterules wrote:
Nice Video Tuomas! It was great to finaly see the Vision in action. How much do you think your brother weighs? Also, I am wondering how the boat does in holes, especially with cartwheels? Mostly I am wondering about your brothers weight.

He weighs about 67kg's. The boat is quite good for him, but I wouldn't consider it if I was much heavier than him. I guess it's quite ok in a hole too. I've paddled it a bit and cartwheels feel ok and loops are easy to initiate.

Check the same vid @ 3:50 for hole performance :bounce:

edit. Oops, I meant if your close to 70kg or over you definately need the Vision 56 instead of 44.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 3 months ago #11399

• Whitewaterules
  • Guru Boarder
I Bought a Vision56 today. Hope to get it in the water in a couple of days. :roflol: She's yellow and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. :dance: I can't wait to get her wet.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 3 months ago #11400

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
is liquid logic still making visions? In there advertisements and on there sight they dont have the visions on there anymore.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 3 months ago #11401

• wwdemon
  • Gold Boarder
It is still there on the LL site:
www.liquidlogickayaks.com/products/vision56.html
I think they normally keep going with 2 last models (2 seasons). Plus the Ronins are advertised to come in between the Visions' weight ranges -
Vision 44 -> Ronin 49 -> Vision 56 -> Ronin 59. The numbers reffer to the volume. This way they don't kill a model after just one year.
I can't wait to see what Ronin is like. I really like my Vision, but I know it is just a little big on me. Though I must say that the little extra volume makes up BIG :dance: time in river running and it makes me work correctly when playing :roflol:

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 3 months ago #11436

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
its there in the scroll across thing, but not in the little pull down menu. im curious becasue all the baots theyve ever made( except the session) are in the little scroll thing. Even boats they arent making anymore like the huck or skip. The scroll down thing seems to be more accurate, which is why i was curious becasue the visions werent in there either. ther awesome boats tho, so i guess the sight is just weird becasue they should defenitly not be discontinued.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 17 years 3 months ago #11440

• wwdemon
  • Gold Boarder
U R right there, the LL site is not very well maintained. They used to have a thumb for Ronins that took U a different site - some blog. Now it seems that they couldn't create a new entry in that pulldown menu U mentioned, so they used the the vision one... Go figure. And I agree with U about the Vision - great boat! :clap:

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 16 years 6 months ago #17743

• phildawg
  • Grom Boarder
I paddle a vision (as seen in the profile pick on the back of the car) and it's the first playboat I've ever been in...creek boats before...mainly a sweet iittle beat-to-hell-and-back Lil' Joe...now THAT boat can take some abuse. Anyhoo...first impressions of the vision were 1)it is VERY easy to roll. 2)Those tucked rails LOVE to catch any moving water whether you're running down stream or sitting dead still. 3)The volume distribution takes some getting used to...first impulse is to fit your playboat so you're more forward to make for easier blunts/wheels...lower volume in the front though means you are plowing through a lot of water (if the water isn't moving fast enough for you to plane on). 4) It needs to come with foam foot blocks instead of that dang happy-feet bag that's full of the tiny foam bits that stick to everything! 5) I love this boat!

Good (not great) to run a moderate river with...if you're used to creek boats, you will hate it initially

TONS of fun in the surf...if you can, the first time you get in this boat, take it to the beach!!!

Excellent carveability on a wave.

Re:Liquid Logic Vision 56 16 years 6 months ago #17761

• wwdemon
  • Gold Boarder
phildawg wrote:
:blah: :lol: .

Now that’s what I’d call a proper shuttle vehicle!

Look at phildawg’s profile pic :roflol: - in the post above.

How many kayaks can U fit onto this sweet thing? :dance:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.