support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Hair troubles

Hair troubles 16 years 1 month ago #20605

• jajauma
  • Gold Boarder
I can't even believe I am actually posting this question as it feels VERY stupid to even be asking it--along the lines of \"what color nail polish should I wear with my boat?\":stop: Here goes, though...any of you ladies out there have any ideas/suggestion for hair? My hair is long--to-the-top-of-my-butt long. If I wear it in a bun, the bun eventually gets wet and heavy and pulls out. My fear with long braided pigtails or just a long braid is if it gets caught on anything. Is this even a valid fear? Does that even happen or am I just paranoid? :think: Any thoughts are welcome--even if it is to tell me I am being an idiot. :yes: Long-haired guys' thoughts are welcome too...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hair troubles 16 years 1 month ago #20607

• Chrissie
  • Grom Boarder
Interesting thought!!
I had issues with long hair when i started paddling but i just got it cut short-having problems finding someone to cut it without mincing it but can't have everything!
Ever thought of a net...used them for riding and ur helmet wouldn't let it escape-works best if plated first. Looks a bit entertaining but at least you wouldn't suffer the hell of bad haircut!

Ps Clear nail varnish goes with any boat! :grin:

Re:Hair troubles 16 years 1 month ago #20608

• taliesin38
  • Guru Boarder
My wife either braids it or wears is in a low pony tail. We also bought a helmet that allow a bit more clearance for a pony tail. It is an FNA Guide. www.fnaheadgear.com

Re:Hair troubles 16 years 1 month ago #20627

• terryblissstick
Being a guy and as I am still lost in the 60's and have not had a hair cut since grade school and have many experiences paddling upside down I don't think you have anything to fear. I do think you should work on that brace so you don't have to worry about it and make sure your nails DO match you boat and vest.

t

Re:Hair troubles 16 years 1 week ago #21152

• blowfish
  • Junior Boarder
o.k my boat is lime green, hm nice nail polish.

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24256

• creepy
  • Junior Boarder
I have really long hair too (around butt length). I usually put it in the French braid to keep the short hairs out of my face. I've had no problems with having it caught on anything but I don't paddle anything past class 3. If you want, you can shorten the braid by folding it over few times and wrapping a few elastics around it. My hair gets really heavy and falls apart if I have it in a bun.

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24259

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
I remember the days when I had hair :blush: :S

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24270

• jajauma
  • Gold Boarder
I managed to put it in pigtails--that was a bit annoying as they got stuck on my pfd--the doubling up the braid is a good idea, as is the french braid, but I can't do the french braid. I understand what you're saying about the heaviness of the hair in the bun--that was bad idea as well. I actually solved the problem this summer with chopping my hair--it's shorter than it's been since 1993--just past the shoulders. Should fix this problem. We'll see...:lol:

Did you ever actually have hair, Adrian? I may have to ask for pictures to verify/confirm this tale. :P

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24282

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
jajauma wrote:
Did you ever actually have hair, Adrian? I may have to ask for pictures to verify/confirm this tale. :P

Check your mail.. :woohoo: Sorry to the other people on this thread for hi-jacking it a little...

Over and out,
AT :huh:

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24283

• jajauma
  • Gold Boarder
Classic!:blink: :lol:

Re:Hair troubles 15 years 4 months ago #24287

• Transplant
  • Junior Boarder
AdrianTregoning wrote:
I remember the days when I had hair :blush: :S

Lol I think I'm on the same path as you Adrian!

My better half french platts her hair to keep it off her face and apparently it works to keep her helmet on a little more snug... apparently :blink:

Re:Hair troubles 14 years 11 months ago #26110

• mslefaye
  • Grom Boarder
I just leave mine down or tied in a pony tail personally.

Re:Hair troubles 12 years 11 months ago #31307

• Tyrr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I used to knot it in a kind of very low pony tail so the 'knot' would be under my helmet.
after 2 years I've had enough and now it is short again. Drys faster, no hairs in my eyes, ...

but it seems girls like/love it to have long hair :)

edit: and i kicked up an old one :S

Re: Hair troubles 11 years 11 months ago #32389

• Arrion
  • Grom Boarder
hello,I'm new here:)
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.