support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: What type of Kayak

What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16429

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
I finally got my soon to be wife into kayaking what type of kayak should i get her she wont tell me her weight but i know she is in the middle range. The only desecration she has it has to be purple or pink.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16431

• RobertZ
  • Gold Boarder
Jackson all the way.

Not only are they great boats but they come in a really cool pink!
My daughter has a 1.5 in Pink and I am getting my wife a new Star or 2 Fun this fall in pink!
WRSI makes a great pink helmet to match.
If you get her a life jacket: Stolquist makes a woman specific life jacket. My wife just bought it and says it is super comfortable and fits without squishing!

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16434

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks man she is so picky and you know you have to make her happy

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16468

• tteyka
  • Grom Boarder
don't get her a kayak if you don't know her weight...it is just a waist of money!!!! It's the most important thing when buying a boat...I'm very small and light and have therefore been in loads of inappropriate boats till now and it is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AND SOMETIMES VERY HARD to paddle in the boat that does not fit your size and you really have to be in love in the sport to do it...even if it's just a river runner...

She will have to be comfortable especially in the beginning and especially if she's as picky as you make her out to be!!!!!

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16471

• pete46
  • Junior Boarder
Im with Tteyka on this one. Looks with boats can be somewhat decieving. I am in the very fortunate position of belonging to a club that it is run by the local authority & also has a shop which has a large range of demo boats. I am lucky enough to be able to pretty much take what I fancy off the rack on club nights & paddle it on the river we're situated on.

What your eyes & heart desires is not what is always comfortable or reasonably stable ( especially when you're starting out ). I'd always fancied Daggers RPM untill I'd tried to fit in it!! never mind get it on the water. It was also the same with a few other boats I'd gone dewy over after reading the advertising hype. They weren't quite what I expected.

If you want marital harmony & a happy partner I tactfully suggest that you visit a good reliable kayak retailer where you can demo several boats & see what fits best. Weight is also important if you want to get it right. It's an expensive purchase new or second hand. My wife doesn't kayak, but after 20yrs of marriage I know what it's like to have bleeding ears when they're not happy!

Wishing you harmonious paddling together,

Pete46 :grin:

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16520

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
I know on what kayak fits her the best and she fills the best in. But also one of her preference were color and i was just wondering what companies did make more girly colors.

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16530

• nitrodude
  • Pro Boarder
Jackson makes girly colors and sizes make shure she's redy for it before you spend the money.

;)

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16534

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
I know i am going to take her in my kayak and see if she still wants to kayak

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16537

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
note the color options here
dragorossi.net/index2.php?page=shop.prod...tuemart&Itemid=1

DragoRossi makes light pink boats and other pretty colors :lol:

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16552

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
Scott you always have to be a sales person don't you

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 8 months ago #16558

• ScottBarnes
  • Guru Boarder
53caddy wrote:
Scott you always have to be a sales person don't you

Most of the time. but this particular case kind of screws me because I did not import any pink boats so the factory could (potentially) make a sale, but not me.:think:

I know that picking out a boat is an important decision, especially when you are essentially in charge of doing it for another person who you really care about.
color may be important, but as many people already pointed out, the fit of the kayak is the most important, and best way to keep the sport enjoyable.

good luck

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 6 months ago #17871

• 53caddy
  • Expert Boarder
She is 155 and i am looking at a Huck. What do you think? Also, is their a pink or black women's pfd?

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 6 months ago #17872

• chud
  • Expert Boarder
The fluid spice comes in purple.

Re:What type of Kayak 16 years 6 months ago #17874

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
chud wrote:
The fluid spice comes in purple.

A friend of mine took this shot of a medium Fluid Spice, in purple..

www.outdoorphoto.co.za/forum/photopost/s...=500&ppuser=5063

;)
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.