Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Short girl kayak

Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15226

• blanco
  • Grom Boarder
Hello,

Any suggestions on a river runner (or other boats) for someone 5'2\" 110lbs. The problem seems to be that most boats don't allow both good foot bracing as well as thigh bracing. Would a small Fluid flirt still be to large?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15231

• scannon
  • Pro Boarder
Being exactly the opposite of a small girl I have no personal experience with this but I have heard that the WS siren and the LL Trigger are good for smaller people. I think the Small Flirt was designed for very small people too.

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15232

• scottyr
  • Guru Boarder
Hi Blanco,
The small flirt should fit you fine, especially if you're just going to be river running. You might want to wait a little bit for the Small spice, that is geared especially at small folk like you.
When in doubt Demo, try em' out and see what you're comfortable in. From personal experience the Flirt is a fantastic river runner and my lil sister, who is about your size, uses the small flirt.

Good luck
Scotty R

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15254

• Batayak
  • Gold Boarder
If you're looking for more of a playboat, check out a project 45. It'll be a little big, but its very adjustable. If you want more of a river runner, see if you can demo Fun or Fun2 by jackson kayak. Hope this helps.

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15258

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
No, the project would fit you perfectly. I'm 120lbs and I feel like I might be wanting a little bit of a bigger boat. It's easy to do all the new tricks in and runs rivers well ( especially with an overthruster). If you have anymore questions about it, I;ve been paddlng one for about a year and paddled it up to easy classV rapids.

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15276

• RobertZ
  • Gold Boarder
Take one of the smaller Jackson boats for a spin. (Fun 1.5 or the Star).
These boats are really comfortable, lightweight and designed for small people.

Maybe the new Wavesport Fuse?

No matter what you do: take a whole lot of boats for a boot first.

good luck.

:roflol:

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 11 months ago #15298

• jackb
  • Guru Boarder
riot orbit, small flirt, small spice, small fun all great boats spice is probly better for just river running but can hold its own at a play spot and dont worry the small flirt realy is small.

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 10 months ago #15347

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
My girlfriend uses a Pyranha Seven O s/m and loves it for river running around europe including flooded austrian rivers and some sections in Bavaria. She is 5ft exactly and the reasons she likes it are quite simple the deck is nice and low so her knees arent up by her ears, it fits her really well, she can reach the foot rest, and its nice and light. If you can find one could be worth trying out or maybe the small recoil the newer version of it

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 10 months ago #15417

• kidkayaker
  • Expert Boarder
Ya defintly check out a star or 2fun or fun 1.5 but make sure u DEMO!

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 10 months ago #15446

• lilmisshappy
  • Junior Boarder
hmm....Iv had the exact same problem. only probably worse...im 4'11.
In the end I settled on the idea that it was best going 4 a creeker and a playboat.

Any river runner was jus not fitin...I couldn run rivers or playboat wit it. So I now have a mamba 7.5...all fited out...love it. Im still searching 4 the playboat...lookin out for a jackson fun 1.5 to demo.

However those few inches u have on me mite make things totally different for ya just thought id give my input.

good luck with it, happy paddling ;)

Re:Short girl kayak 16 years 10 months ago #15452

• halfteaspoon
  • Junior Boarder
Check out how to squish a kayak if you're having trouble finding a playboat. Not applicable to a river runner though.

Re:Short girl kayak 15 years 10 months ago #21757

• mouse
  • Junior Boarder
lilmisshappy robson suppersonic watched one being put through some flips by a 8 year old he i 4'6 Im 5'3 and we both fit this boat max user weight 60kg

Re:Short girl kayak 15 years 10 months ago #21760

• lilmisshappy
  • Junior Boarder
cool tanx mouse....mite check one out. tho i settled on a jackson star which has been working quiet well 4 me...its small+light, +im able to throw ends+blunts now so happy days. the only thing is that the outfittin drives me mad...im not a fan of the jackson back rest+blow up foot thing , so yeah tanx il def keep a look out 4 supersonic.

Re:Short girl kayak 15 years 2 weeks ago #25768

• KayakCrazy
  • Grom Boarder
Hi (:

I'm quite short apperntly. I'm 15 so probably younger than you but I paddle a Jackson Star...

Hope this helps.

Emily
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.