support unicef Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: booties

booties 17 years 1 week ago #14103

• selverud
  • Grom Boarder
Hello. I'm looking for a new pair of booties and wanted to see what people think of theirs. My Nike Toketee booties are close to blowing out. It's a matter of time before the sole completely falls off and I want a new pair of them. However, you can't buy them any longer in the states, and the size I have is not on sale via the web.

Does anyone know of a bootie comparible to the Toketees? I'm convinced they were the best booties ever designed.

Sandra
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:booties 17 years 1 week ago #14106

• CAgoose
  • Junior Boarder
Try the Teva P2. The split toe is so nice walking to the put in/take out and when scouting.

Re:booties 17 years 1 week ago #14139

• Erica
  • Junior Boarder
Hey,

I've always found Teva to be great. Brilliant grip and warm. You can get gammas (for river running but require socks) or else the neutrons for play and river running.

Hope this helps!
Erica.

Re:booties 17 years 6 days ago #14184

• stefflooi
  • Pro Boarder
I love my Keen water booties. They fit in my playboat, and have super sticky soles.

steff

Re:booties 17 years 6 days ago #14186

• Jasperp
  • Expert Boarder
I use teva gamma pro's for river running, and P1's for playboating.. both great shoes, the gamma's just dont fit in the playboat but the p1's are not made for hour long portages or hiking in and out. The gamma's are really sturdy and release water very easy, I love them on the river!

Re:booties 17 years 5 days ago #14198

• staylor
  • Grom Boarder
I have Montrail Upper Ocoee booties and they're awesome. The best booties I've ever had. The traction is really great and they're very comfortable. They're built tough with lots of reinforcement. Great for river-running/scouting, and they fit in my 2FUN, and are much more comfortable than rodeo socks because of all the reinforcemnt. If you do try them out though, make sure to order a full size up, they fit pretty tight. But once on, their very comfy! Good luck, and buy from a store that has returns! :o)

Re:booties 16 years 11 months ago #14519

• utclmbrgrl
  • Grom Boarder
CAgoose wrote:
Try the Teva P2. The split toe is so nice walking to the put in/take out and when scouting.

Does the P-2 run small or large compared to your regular sized shoe, or is it about right? I'm looking at some P-2's that are a size 5 in Men's. I wear about between a 7-8 in womens. I'm just trying to figure out if these would be too small.

Re:booties 16 years 11 months ago #14527

• CAgoose
  • Junior Boarder
I think they may run a little (half size) small, but I'd try them before I buy them, cause the fit is pretty important with these ones.

Re:booties 16 years 11 months ago #14535

• selverud
  • Grom Boarder
thank you, everyone for letting me know what they thought. I'm headed to the shed this week to try a pair or two out. I'll let you know what I end up with.. My gear is starting to fall apart..
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.