support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Newbie

Newbie 16 years 8 months ago #16820

• rev
  • Grom Boarder
Hi everyone. I\"m new to this board and new to the whole kayaking community. I'm looking into white water kayaking. Does anyone have any suggestions on boats and gear i should be looking into? Any recommendations for beginners? I live in Toronto so does anyone know of places to go? How much do boats range from. I'm not familar with boat brands so just wondering which companies makes boats? Sorry for the million questions. I tried it once and really want to dedicate my summer sport to kayaking. Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Newbie 15 years 4 months ago #23770

• nickv
  • Junior Boarder
Depending on what type of kayak you want if your into playboating some good brands are jackson, bliss stick, pyranha, wave sport, riot, liquid logic, fluid, and dagger. And depending on how much you want to spend ebay is a good place to get gear, i got about 600$ worth of gear a paddle jacket, paddle, and pfd for under 250$.
not sure if you want to get into playboating but those brands are also good for just about any other kind of white water, and no matter what kind of kayaking your doing ebay is always a good place to get a great deal on stuff.

Re:Newbie 14 years 11 months ago #25732

• Kayaker107
  • Grom Boarder
As for places to buy gear in T.O. Paddleshack, and Mountain Equipment Co-op, are down town and Boatwerks in Minden and Haliburton.
If you are looking for instruction check out www.equinoxadventures.com My biggest suggestion is to try out as many boats as you can before you decide to spend lots of money on one. Boatwerks.com can help you out as well.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.