Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: info on Soca needed.

info on Soca needed. 13 years 6 months ago #30161

• tao
  • Grom Boarder
Hello,
this august we were in Slovenia enjoying the wonders of the river Soca and koritnica. we paddled all the stretches down to and including the slalom run in trnovo ob soci. we could not get any solid info on the section after the slalom, that i see refered to as the Katarakt or similar on youtube.

this looks mega. i am guessing it is the section after the end of the path on the right of the slalom section, after the huge white rock? we had a quick bash at inspecting this while we were there, but it was a rock climbers paradise. not ideal for trying to get through in my sandals.
we intend to go there again next year, and are looking for as much info on this section of the river as possible before we go.
in fact, as a whole any info people have on paddling in slovenia would be good. although we were there for 10 days, and got to paddle in a large variation of water levels, i feel we have only scratched the surface of this country.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:info on Soca needed. 13 years 2 months ago #30759

• mtc666
  • Grom Boarder
You are right, the katarakt section starts right after the end of slalom section (bridge ruins). It's class V water with many syphones, so be careful.

Since picture is worth a thousand words you should check this out:

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.