Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Whats the best gear to BUY

Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29110

• Ant2010
  • Junior Boarder
Hey guys

After some gear Helmet , paddle , PDF , shoes , Spray Skirt

I live in Australia an am after info on a place that sells good gear and will ship to Aus
and what brands are good

I have a Jackson 4FUN coming in about a week

Any help would be great

Cheers ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29111

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
Welcome to Playak and to kayaking! :laugh:

We've run some cool articles which you might find interesting. They are entitled, 'Who Uses What?' and we asked some pros what they thought. Check them out:

Nick Troutman:
playak.com/article.php?id=4742

Tao Berman:
playak.com/index.php?option=com_content&...0:Articles&Itemid=42

Eric Jackson:

Patrick Camblin:

That might help. There are MANY great manufacturers out there. You decide what's in your budget and what might work for you. Any questions, ask away, someone here will help I'm sure :silly:

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29114

• terryblissstick
Good to buy local if they make a quality product.....so contact Russ @ www.electricwater.co.au for a skirt and stuff. Bomber for sure.
They are also making some great gear just to your east in NZ. Check out www.surgekayakhelmets.co.nz and www.bliss-stick.com also Hydraulics on the south island makes great PFD's

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29115

• Wiegel on the water
  • Junior Boarder
Hello, I am a paddlesports dealer in Pennsylvania I sell all of the stuff you need and ship to Australia all the time. I carry Lendal, Werner and Aquabound paddles. I have Bern, WRSI and Proform helmets. I have Astral, Palm, MTI and Extrasport PFD's and Palm and NRS shoes and booties. I carry Seals Sprayskirts.

Ryan Wiegel
WWW.WIEGELONTHEWATER.COM

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29124

• AllenG
  • Gold Boarder
I'll just add in a vote for electricwater spraydecks. They're pretty cheap and the quality is great! I recently got one, I'll definitely be sticking with the local EW decks in the future!

If you want some second hand gear, you can try looking here: www.adventurepro.com.au/forums/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=for_sale

or here maybe:
www.adventurepro.com.au/forums/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=paddlea

I try to buy locally where possible. But realistically it often can cost literally hundreds of dollars extra per item for top of the line gear like dry tops, paddles etc. if you buy locally. I've bought stuff from zoaroutdoor, outdoorplay and most recently from coloradokayak, who where very helpful. From my experiences, all 3 of these stores are recommended.

There's a few specials on at the moment in the US stores as it's out of season for them, so shop around for some bargains!

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29126

• NOMADA
  • Pro Boarder
Couldn't agree more with you Pishk,

i'm from Portugal and i bought things from CKS, and they were great with me.

If there is some store which you can trust, that's the one.

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29127

• Ant2010
  • Junior Boarder
Hey thanks All for the info I will have a look at
CKS

Cheers

Anthony

Re:Whats the best gear to BUY 14 years 1 month ago #29128

• AdrianTregoning
  • Thank you received: 8
For sure... I've bought from CKS a few times. They delivered quickly to South Africa every time :-) I think most of my gear comes from them...

Here's their site:
www.coloradokayak.com/
Moderators: Rapid_Russ
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.