Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]
  • Page:

TOPIC: nile river death

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3609

• lpabreu
  • Guru Boarder
I exchange some mails with him.

Very nice guy. His site was three weeks ago the link of the week on kayaksurf.net.

Wherever you are, keep riding.

luis pedro
Kayaksurf Portugal
The administrator has disabled public write access.

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3622

• Tyrr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3627

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
what

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3638

• Tyrr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
silence, that

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3646

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
my bad

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3665

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
yeajh a moment of silence sounds good.

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3666

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
I resent the comments your making texas fish about the comments that the paddler did not know his skill level. Mistakes can happen anywhere. Most people get lucky. Just becasue your the best paddler in the world doesn't mean you can't flip on an eddyline. My friend picked up a swimmer in some class II-III water. He asked her if she had been kayaking long, she replied "yes, I'm an olympic silver medalist in slalom" We paddle with her from time to time. She's an awsome paddler. Obviously a mistake can happen anywhere. Was this lady "out of her league"? did she not know here skill level? It was just an accident. Everyone has bad days. Lets just hope that they don;t happen in class V.

And BTW pushing yourself is part of learning. A paddler must step out of his or her skill level from time to time to improve. If many of you continue to paddle, then you will one day be class V paddlers. Also, just because its class V doesn't mean you are going to die. A paddled a log down class V in the grand canyon. Then I swam it. Rafters probaly swim the same rapid that guy died in every year.

anyway,

I think some people are missing the point.

nile river death 18 years 1 month ago #3673

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
that is true :think:

nile river death 18 years 3 weeks ago #4794

• fulltilt
  • Junior Boarder
This may not be welcome by some people but atleast he went doin something he loved thats how I would like to go

nile river death 18 years 3 weeks ago #4811

• scottyr
  • Guru Boarder
i have paddled the nile and am a guide on the Zambezi, so i am well aware of what big volume can throw at you. although both rivers are deemed warm and relatively safe. The fact remains that accidents happen regardless of your skill level. I see pros swim all the time on the Zam.

Keep safe and good lines

nile river death 18 years 3 weeks ago #4812

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
[quote:472b6452c6="fulltilt"]This may not be welcome by some people but atleast he went doin something he loved thats how I would like to go[/quote:472b6452c6]

Now that's a well known saying, but I would much rather survive doing something i love and die in my sleep some night, of old age...
If you're happy, you're successful.

nile river death 18 years 3 weeks ago #4813

• joeyh
  • Pro Boarder
i never knew the person but i wish to send my condolences to the family and friends and i hope that this will remind us all to look after our selves on the water nd prevent such a trajic thing happening again.

May we never have another.

Joe harbour

nile river death 18 years 3 weeks ago #4818

• Jonass
  • Junior Boarder
Jeroen, you are absolutely right, this would be the best way to die, but i think dying while doin something you love to do, is better than dying in a car accident or things like that,
I am so sorry for the family,
it is terrible,
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.