[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: What was your first WW kayak?

What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33009

• Exploring Elements
  • Pro Boarder
My first river trip was in an Dagger Animas
My first year in a kayak was in a Dagger RPM
My first owned boat was a Pyranaha Attack

I've owned a LOT of boats since and paddled MANY more. Huge shout out to the Towson University kayak club for getting me started on this life long love affair with kayaking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33012

• Jeroen
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
My first river trip was in a rental thing in Belgium. When I saw a group of WW kayakers hopping into all sorts of small eddies, I knew I wanted that level of control as well. Next was a commercial rafting trip in Switzerland, and again I was impressed by what the guys in kayaks could do. Soon after that, I became a member of the local kayak club.

Boats I actually bought and used more than a bit:

Prijon Taifun
Rainbox Reaction
Dagger RPM
Riot Hammer
Wavesport X

And then I got to paddle many other boats of course, since I run Playak. Out of those, I still own and use:

Riot Inferno - versatile for waves, holes, and ww running. Often underrated imho.
Pyranha Ammo - forgiving for heavier ww, and also great for beginners on easy ww.
Zelezny Igo - nice toy for pool sessions and small ww.
If you're happy, you're successful.

Re: What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33013

• muceks
  • Grom Boarder
Riot Thunder 65
Pyrahna BURN M
Rainbow ZULU
Pyrahna BURN L
Dagger Axiom - will get in July

Re: What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33014

• bartw
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 9
I started in a Prijon T-slalom :roflol: ,
After that a lot of boats:
Perception Corsica S, Eskimo Diablo, Eskimo Kendo, Pyranha Inazone 240, Pyranha I3 223, Dagger ID 7.0, Dagger Agent 6.4, Dagger Kingpin 6.3, JK Allstar 2010, JK Rockstar M :clap:
.... and now waiting for a Dagger Jitsu 6.0 to arrive :dance:

Re: What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33015

• Exploring Elements
  • Pro Boarder
Runndown of Owned boats:
Pyranah Attack
Dagger CFS
Bliss-Stick Freestyler
Prijon Delerium
Dagger Kingpin
Fluid Flirt M Proto
Fluid Flirt M
Fluid Flirt M C-1 (still have)
2 Fluid Solo S Protos
Fluid Solo L Proto
Fluid Solo S
Fluid Solo L (still have)
Fluid Element (still have)
Fluid Nemsis M Proto
Riot Astro 58
Fluid Nemsis M (still have)

I also have a Valley Rush MkII surf kayak. I'm ready for a new creekboat and playboat and would really like a racing creek boat and IC surf kayak.

Re: What was your first WW kayak? 10 years 9 months ago #33018

• inbetweenswims
  • Pro Boarder
First boat was a Perception Pirouette S - in the early years. I remember taking one out for a test paddle on the Potomac and telling the buyer I thought I could grow my skills into such a small, little boat.

Most influential boat I owned for the longest period of time was a first generation Wavesport X in crosslink. I might have learned to paddle in the Pirouette S - but I became a kayaker in that X. Lots of personal First D's in that.

WS Frankenstein and LL Gus were also parts of the quiver. It's a very different quiver these days....
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.