Support American Whitewater! support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: Slalom C1 Canoe

Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32146

• MysteryMoves
  • Grom Boarder
I'm seeking advice about the most optimal Slalom C1 Canoe design that money can buy? My plan is to order a new Slalom C1 Canoe very soon, so I hope to get some good feedback from expert Slalom racers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32165

• cousinsa
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
You're asking one hell of a question there!

Everyone has their favourites, which is why we see more than one model. Your best bet is to get down to a prem race and test some out, since there will usually be manufacturers' stands there.

I personally have always liked the Galasport Yin, although I've paddled a mate's Vajda Lizard and liked that too. Both of those are slightly older models now. Vajda have a new 'MM', which looks similar to the Yin.

But I can't say how any of these new boats paddle, because you *have* to try them. Slalom boats have to fit you better than a glove.

Re: Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32171

• MysteryMoves
  • Grom Boarder
Thanks - cousinsa in England for your feedback. I guess somethings in life just can't be rushed.

If a Galasport dealer is within shouting distance of this message I would truly appreciate you reaching out - I'm located in Suwanee, GA USA. I'd like to see a couple of your products .... 64, Tilt - rings out in my mind.

Re: Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32172

• cousinsa
  • Junior Boarder
Ah, sorry, didn't think to check where you were from! My bad :grin:

I know Galasport have a USA contingent (www.galasportusa.com/catalog/slalom-slalom-canoes) but other than that, I don't know which manufacturers you have over there.

If you can tell me which boats/companies are available to you, I can try to say what some of their products are like to paddle, since I've had a go in quite a few.

Incidentally, you're the first slalom paddler I've found on here!

Re: Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32173

• MysteryMoves
  • Grom Boarder
I'm in touch (via email) with the Galasport dealer out of Maryland, but I haven't heard a word in a couple days. The last time we spoke it was my understanding they were going to connect me with a dealer from Georgia that have physical boats for show.

Waiting - is not an easy thing to do.... In fact, it was this dealer who suggested the 64 or Tilt. I like what I read about the Tilt, but I'm open to other options.

Thanks again cousinsa!

Re: Slalom C1 Canoe 12 years 3 months ago #32174

• cousinsa
  • Junior Boarder
Well the tilt looks very much like the Vajda Lizard, which makes it a nice boat on edge, with pretty good flat turns. The bigger stern rocker will probably help this, although the compromise is in upstream drive. It also has a less aggressive bow rocker, making it easier to punch through waves and gives a faster break out, but may make you break in a little too fast.
I don't actually know - I presume you're not new to slalom?
And don't thank me too much: if it weren't for forum posters I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do, just trying to give some advice back where I can :)
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.