Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro)

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2134

• Jakepp
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

I have a Dagger G-Force 5.9 and would like to get another kayak to try something different. I would like to get the Pyranha Creek Boat Micro 230 can anyone tell me something about this one? THank you!

Jake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2144

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
Well Jake,

They no longer make the Micro, its been updated, to the M:3. The micro line is classic but heavy. It is a displacement model which means it doesn't boof as well as new models. The liquid logic JEfe is an awsome boat but also very heavy. I personally like the Fluid Solo which is a small company from S. Africa. The boat is awsome. Check it out!! :sleep:

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2147

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
Theres a few shops with somemicros and M3 on special offer check out [quote:a50c97467a]www.upandunder.co.uk/eshop/catalogue/bar...tivity_ID=3&rd=0[/quote:a50c97467a] very nice guys also check out the java only £474 or Jefe if youve got around £720

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2171

• Jakepp
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

I understand, I am looking at a used model that is like new. Any idea what is the price on a Micro 230 in the US?

Nathan, what do you mean when you say "it doesn't boof as well as new models"? English is not my first language ;-)

I will check the other models, maybe I can get a good price.
Thanks for all the info!

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2172

• Kayaker0678
  • Guru Boarder
www.boatertalk.com/gear is a great place to find used boats in America. www.kayakernews.ca is a great place for America and Canada

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2174

• Jakepp
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks!

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2175

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
What I mean by "boof"-

boofing is what needs to be done to slide off of a water fall and land flat. If one does not land flat, then the boat may slide back towrds the waterfall, and get worked!!

Worked- something that you don't want to happen to you!!!

Attached is a link to a video where someone gets worked because their Micro does not boof well.

www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/archive/1685.mov

anyway, check it out for a good laugh

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2176

• Jakepp
  • Junior Boarder
Wow... I want a boat with extraboof in that case.
The only reason I was considering the Micro 230 is because its on ebay and in good price. I can't afford a new kayak and ebay is a good option.

How about the Riot Turbo 52? Apparently its a playboat and all-around. I want a creek boat.
Have you heard or used a Jackson kayak?
I would like to see more videos like that.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2179

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
the jackosn fun riverrunning series is nice, bu i dont know about the Hero series or the Rocker. The ll CR looks like it might be up for a bit of creeking.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2186

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
If you want to get a creeker get a creeker, if you want an allrounder get one. Never take an allrounder creeking tho!! Unless your really good or its an ez run. There is no alternative to a creek boat, BTW the Hero=death. I sat in that boat one minute and hated it... too bad it was before a semi technical class III-IV run. The boat is sort of uncontrollable. It tracks like a machine, and I couldn't line it up to punch holes well.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2187

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
yeah, im not endorsing creeking with an alrounder. Some people do it tho so...

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2197

• riverdoggy
  • Junior Boarder
wel if its your first creeker going from flat hull to a rounded hull is a big jump if ur not actully creeking but just doin big shiz thats gnarlyer than the g force can handle look at semi flat hulled boats like pyhana h3 or dagger mamber these boats will still hold a line but will have similar charcitristics of a play boat so it wont feel such a big jump these boats will still boof they have alot of rocker too check them out but it depends on the ater you paddle
good luck on your quest to find a creeker happy hucking

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 2 months ago #2198

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
well, yes

"semi-displacement" is best for a creeker. The dagger mamba is actually an awsome creeker. Full displacement models are old-school and slower. Since you are looking for a cheap creeker, one of my favorites so far is Perception Java.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 1 month ago #3532

• VAPaddler1324
  • Gold Boarder
for big water im still paddlin a old creek 280 lol it was my dads boat and i learned my roll and hand roll in, so i never wanted to sell it for some reason.

I need a creek boat or something else (Pyranha Creek Micro) 18 years 1 month ago #3535

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
for big water i use a wavesport stubby awsome boat
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.