Support American Whitewater! Support American Whitewater!

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: river runner - need review.

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2024

• martines
  • Junior Boarder
I'm looking 4 a new river runner. :think:
Mostly I enjoy playboating, but wanna go some downriver, maybe some little creeking. Since I am not a boat expert, let me know if there are any opinions about Pyranha Stretch L/XL (large volume)? :blah:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2031

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
how big are you? the M/L Stretch is a big boat good river runner its got a flat hull but you wont be doin any flat water stuff the 7O is a much better river running play machine depending on your paddling level at the moment! but if your seriously getting into creeking get creeker!

I personally use my 7o s/m up to aound grade 4 and for playing and a h3 245 for the steep stuff! I weigh around 75-80kg

oh and the M/L 7O would of been the size of S/M stretch so they didnt bother makin it!

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2034

• robmeister
  • Guru Boarder
I dont know much about the ll crossriver looks like it can hndle some creeking as well as playing.

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2044

• martines
  • Junior Boarder
[quote:d14d5b8aad="Urge"]how big are you? the M/L Stretch is a big boat good river runner its got a flat hull but you wont be doin any flat water stuff the 7O is a much better river running play machine depending on your paddling level at the moment! but if your seriously getting into creeking get creeker!

I personally use my 7o s/m up to aound grade 4 and for playing and a h3 245 for the steep stuff! I weigh around 75-80kg

oh and the M/L 7O would of been the size of S/M stretch so they didnt bother makin it![/quote:d14d5b8aad]

I am about 183m, 83kg. For playboating I have LL Vision56 and need to change my Flip-Stick to something more downriver/creek... :ask:

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2051

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
For creek boating the only acceptable boat is a creeker. Creekboating can be dangerous and creekboats are deisgned for that enviroment. If you are looking for a river runner and creeker,

I recomend the

-Wavesport Diesel
- or any creeker because most are also good for large volume rivers

river runner - need review. 18 years 3 months ago #2075

• TimmyHo
  • Pro Boarder
I've got no input on the boat, but had to say that your picture/avatar is awesome!!

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #2264

• nickpearce
  • Junior Boarder
a mate of mine resontly demod a strech and said that it was atroches for making a line he tock it down a drop that he nows rily well and endinng up taking a pasting because it whodent stay on line but evry one fineds each boat diffrent

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #2276

• jackb
  • Guru Boarder
i dont no wether u wud be interstd by this but the blis stick scud is a play/river runner and looks ingenious but i definately wouldnt go creeking in it

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #2284

• nathan
  • Guru Boarder
yeah, The SCUD is probaly for someone who has too many boats.

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #2381

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
if youve got a play boat then i would go down the lines of river/ creeker personally i love my h3 tracks well handles grade 4+/ 5 well resurfaces boofs great and even manged a wave wheel on the durance this summer!

Depending on how big you are going then the huck or Jefe from LL both really nice to paddle huck gets pushed around in bigger vol but good on low vol steep droppy rivers at the end of the day try as many boats as you can and make a decision one persons lada could be some one elses rolls royce etc!

now go and huck yourself
:D

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3223

• shivaoutdoors
  • Expert Boarder
i personally think, that the cfs (dagger) is still one of the best creekers out there...

it does have it's weakness on big big volum erivers but for the creeks there's still nothing better out there (that's the reason why dagger keeps it going too)...

wavesport is a little bit too aggressive with it's flat hull on super steep creeks and robson needs more initial stability, another good one is the eskimo salto (this is a good one for your size) but it sometimes needs a bit more volume to keep you sights up....

those are boats i have kayaked on creeks, falls and steep rivers as wells as bigger volume (20000+cfs)

definatly the CFS stuck out to have all the featues youd be looking forin a creeker

fast resurfacing, tracks well, sharp edges were they need to be (under your bum), unbreakable, reliable....

i have not tried to hoss or any other liquid logic..they look good and solid, so do the blisstick creekers...

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3238

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
what about the bliss stick scud

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3334

• Urge
  • Guru Boarder
id personally want a bigger boat for creeking myself! their huka would do or the Huck Jefe from liquidlogic Dagger Europe have brought the CFS back out and under £499! bargain

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3343

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
get it is is short and sweet

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3548

• martines
  • Junior Boarder
Have heard good things about Fluid SOLO small. What do You think about this creeker?

river runner - need review. 18 years 2 months ago #3560

• texasfish
  • Guru Boarder
hey whatever floats your boat. get whatever you like best but remember to demo
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.