NRS

[please login to make this ad block disappear]
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Any suggestions neoprene booties?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any suggestions neoprene booties?

Any suggestions neoprene booties? 4 years, 1 month ago #30143

I've been kayaking for a few months and have been looking for a neoprene bootie that let's my feet breath. I've tried wearing my Keens and they are definitely way too big and the neoprene booties I've purchased make my feet sweat way too much. I am looking for something that I can wear that will let me walk across gravel and won’t make my feet hurt, I won’t sweat so much in and will still let me fit in my kayak. I've heard about these so called "grip socks" but I don't know much about them or their quality? Any suggestions?

Re:Any suggestions neoprene booties? 4 years, 1 month ago #30156

• djrb
  • Grom Boarder
I wear a pair of Balin surf boots which are thinner than normal neoprene boots. I do not have a problem with ecessive sweating even in the Australian summer.
bootlow.jpg

I think Balin are only available in Australia but I have also used boots from url=www.oneill.com/#/men/asiapacific/collect...oots_hoods_gloves/]O'Neil[/url]

You shouldbe able to find similar products at surf shops

Re:Any suggestions neoprene booties? 4 years, 1 month ago #30158

I have a pair of LOMO Aqua Boots.

www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/dive-boots.html

They are great for rocky shores. Just like a pair of trainers.
A bit slippy on seaweed though, but I guess everything is.
Keep my feet nice and warm.

I guess solving the sweaty feet issue is going to be difficult with neoprene.

Re:Any suggestions neoprene booties? 4 years ago #30306

• wrewbank
  • Pro Boarder
i used to use palm granite boots and the are great for small boats with cramped cockpits. i now use keen hood river boots and they are great for scouting and portaging
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds

Sponsors

Kokatat

Fluid KayaksSawyerJKJohnson Outdoors

Site Search

See AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement.  Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately.